Monday, March 4, 2013

Teaser Tuesday--Partials + Blog Tour Stops

Today's blog tour stop is a Guest Post at Bookingly Yours.

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFULNOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser is from Partials, by Dan Wells.


"What do you mean?"
 "Each life has a different purpose, and some people can find their purpose more easily than others. The key," she said, turning to Kira and gesturing firmly with a sprig of cilantro, "the most important thing you can ever know, is that whatever your purpose is, that's not your only choice."
"Huh?"
"No matter why you're here, no matter why any of us are here, you're never tied down to fate. You're never locked in. You make your own choices, Kira, and you can't let anyone ever take that away from you."
*LOVING THIS BOOK!!!* 


Random Movie Quote (RMQ)

Source

Last RMQ was: "If I'm right about this, I could save a man's life. Do you know what that would do for my book sales?"

This was said by Courtney Cox, playing Gayle Weathers in the first Scream movie. One of my favorite "scary movies." :D No one guessed this one.

Today's RMQ is:

"Aw, poor guy. I understand. It's not easy being banished. Take my buddy Bigfoot. When he was banished he fashioned an enormous diaper out of poison ivy. Wore it on his head like a tiara. Called himself "King Itchy".
One point for film, one for character, one for actor. Any guesses? 

5 comments :

  1. Such a great book teaser! I have to agree with it. Man...Scream...good times :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tease! I haven't read Partials but I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tease! Haven't read that one either but hear lots about it!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking Monsters, Inc. Possibly said by the Abominable Snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very strong teaser! And so true! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete