Pages
- Home
- Welcome!
- Current Contest: Desolate Mantle
- Giveaways!
- Advice for Writers
- Visit My Website!
- Crime Fiction: The Botanist
- High Fantasy: Dragon Magic
- The Walking Dead!!!
- Thoughts For Thursday
- Signings and Events
- Contact and Links
- Dystopian: Interchron Series
- Historical Fiction: Kremlins Series
- Crime Fiction: Street Games Series
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Follow Friday--Books and Halloween Movies!
Welcome to Follow Friday!
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
Q: What book do you think would make a great Halloween movie? Please explain in graphic detail of goriness...
![]() |
| Photo Credit: goodreads.com |
![]() |
| Photo Credit: goodreads.com |
How about you? What book do YOU think would be a great Halloween movie?
*ANNOUNCEMENT: JFP'S CREATIVE FRIGHTING CONTEST IS IN FULL SWING! GO TO THIS WEBSITE, READ SOME AWESOME SHORT STORIES, AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE! I HAVE ONE IN THE RUNNING! IF YOU LIKE THEM, PLEASE SPREAD THE NEWS! THERE ARE PRIZES FOR RANDOM VOTERS! THANKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)



I really enjoyed reading both of these books, especially Anna, which is one of our picks, too. I loved the dark atmosphere of Masque- Prince Prospero is the perfect character for a Halloween movie.
ReplyDeleteOld follower. Our FF
I agree! Thanks for visiting! :D
DeleteMasque of the Red Death is one I didn't think of, that's a good choice!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Happy Friday!
DeleteThis is a popular book tonight! LOL I really need to read this one!
ReplyDeleteOld Follower
It's pretty good! :D Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteWowza these books are super popular this week. Zombies are definite Halloween material. Thank you so so much for continuing to follow my blog, and I am following you back 8)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Have a great weekend!
DeleteWow! Anna Dressed in Blood is certainly featuring a lot. I haven't read it but I'm guessing it's filled with gore.
ReplyDeleteMy FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog
Yup! Totally is! :D thanks Marilyn!
DeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. I certainly need to read those books, especially Anna Dressed in Blood. Everyone seems to be talking about it.
ReplyDeleteOld Follower,
Cindy
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com
Anna is apparently everyone's first choice, and I love that you picked MotRD! I still haven't read it yet but it is definitely on my wishlist! New follower (Frodosco - GFC). If you would like to check out my FF you can do so here. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for following! I'll definitely stop by! :D
DeleteAnna dressed in Blood is a popular answer thanks for stopping by good answer.
ReplyDeleteRight back at ya, Sony! :D
DeleteI have really got to read Anna now. :D I swear I was following you already but I guess not. Thanks for the follow. Lori @Contagious Reads
ReplyDeleteNo problem. Thanks for following back! :D
DeleteAnd those covers are just gorgeous, right? I love them but haven't had a chance to read either yet. I will have to pick them up! Thanks for hopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteOld follower
Julie~ My FF
I agree! The covers ARE very beautiful. Thanks for visiting! :D
DeleteMasque is a great book! And very creepy. It could be a great Halloween movie! I never realized how good those covers look together. Great picks! Following you back.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by :-)
Thanks so much! Happy Friday!
DeleteHey there! Old follower. Thanks for stopping by! And yes, they have made City of Bones into a movie! Well, technically, they're MAKING it right now. haha. Happy Friday to you too!
ReplyDeleteAnna is very popular this week :) it was my pick as well. I haven't read Masque of Red Death as yet but hope to.
ReplyDeleteMy FF
Yay more Anna! Haven't read the other but that one did look eerie!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT weekend!
Old Follower :)
Thanks! You too! :D
DeleteYou know, I would have picked those books just from the reviews I have seen of them. They sound awesome.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by.
Yeah, they're pretty good! Happy Friday!
DeletePicked Anna also. Haven't read Masque yet but even the cover gives a creepy vibe. old follower, thanks for stopping by
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Have a great weekend!
DeleteOh gosh, I own both of these books and haven't read them yet! I'm guessing I should for the Halloween holiday. New follower!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following! And both books are great Halloween reads! :D
DeleteI definitely agree with Anna. I haven't read Masque yet, but I do own it. It's the love triangle thing that's making me nervous about picking it up... New Participant and follower.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow!
Thanks for following. I don't mind love triangles, but I didn't find this one to be overly sappy, if that helps. :D Happy Friday!
DeleteMasque of the Red Death looks AWESOME! Need to read that!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteThanks for stopping by! Anna sure seems to be popular! Now I really have to try it out!
ReplyDeleteNightQuest@ hotcoffeebooksandchocobar.blogspot.com
Have a great weekend! :D
Deleteso many have put Anna as thier book, i gues its popular! thanks for stopping by and im a new follower.
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Thanks for following back! Happy Friday!
DeleteThanks for the follow at my blog! Anna is popping up everywhere now, I'll have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteNew follower!
Katie @ Fiction Predictions
It's pretty creepy! Thanks for following back! :D
DeleteI'd like to see someone attempt Preston and Child's The Relic again. The movie from a few years ago was awful and left out the main character in the book - Pendgergast!
ReplyDeleteThat's just dumb to leave out the main character. Don't you hate it when Hollywood slaughters (*wink,wink*) the best stories? Haven't seen the film, but I heard it's not great. I'll have to try out the book. Thanks for stopping by, Alex! :D
DeleteMasque would be an awesome one to see!
ReplyDeleteNikki @ Books Most Wanted
Thanks for stopping by! :D
DeleteA movie with zombies? Hell, yeah! I would watch that. :)
ReplyDeleteJ'adore Happy Endings
LOL. Yeah they're fun monsters, even when they're gross and scary! :D Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI'm seeing Anna as a lot of people's pick! I'll have to check it out. Old follower! :) Great picks.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteBoth are in my to-read list, and Anna Dressed in Blood is such a popular pick this week! XD
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for following! I followed back :)
- Kazhy @ My Library in the Making
Thank you! :D
DeleteThanks for stopping by . . Masque is on my 'TBR' pile STILL!!! . . now following you x
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteTwo popular choices.
ReplyDeletehttp://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-follow.html
Great choices! Masque of the Red Death would be a great one!
ReplyDeleteNew follower here via GFC.
Feel free to stop by my blog, The Crazy Bookworm!
Happening now: The Crazy Bookworm's Spooktacular Scavenger Hunt
I never finished Anna Dressed in Blood. I love ghost stories, but I was so annoyed with Cassio, that I finally just put it down. But I do think it would make a great Halloween movie.
ReplyDeleteHere's my Friday Hop
I just started reading Anna Dressed in Blood, and I agree that it would make a great Halloween movie!
ReplyDeletehttp://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/
I've seen this book around alot and I definetely agree that it would make a great movie for Halloween! Nice pick. Old follower. :D
ReplyDeleteDaphne @ Reading Until Dawn
Masque would be good too - I think better as a movie than a book even!
ReplyDeleteNew follower!
- Jessica @ Book Sake
I can't wait to read Anna Dressed in Blood! But thanks for sharing! Great picks :D
ReplyDeleteNew Follower!
xoxo, Mariam @ Book-A-Holic
A big HUGE YES! to Anna! Loved that book! I haven't yet read Masque yet but I'm dying to!
ReplyDeleteGreat choices this week!
Thanks for stopping by my FF'S for this week
Book Me! and Carmen Jenner.com
Happy Reading!!
Yes, I agree. I love these books. Anna dressed in Blood was amazing! ;) Very creepy.
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my blog. New follower.
- Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment
Ooooh, Mask of the Red Death sounds awesome... and so long as the movie fixes my problem with the huge plot hole in Anna, I'd love to see it done XD
ReplyDeleteGreat choices! Both of these are on my reading list and at first I was especially pumped for Masque, but after seeing Anna so much in this edition of FFF I'm definitely inclined to read it soon, especially with Halloween coming up! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my FFF! Old follower :)
ReplyDeleteMicheline @ Lunar Rainbows
I should probably add this book to my TBR list. Several people have recommended it already. Officially a new follower:)
ReplyDeleteWitchy Reviews FF
:)
I'm going to have to read both of those! Old follower :) Thanks for stopping by my FF
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on both books! Thanks for visiting me, I'm also an old follower.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read either of those books, purely because everyone is saying they are scary!! I'm not a fan of scary movies or books, but because when I was young my baby sitter (She was like 15) used to make my brother I watch horror movies with her... Seriously. She wouldn't let us not watch them.. Even if we didn't want to. So now I just can't watch horror movies or read scary books haha.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I am open to T.V shows! Like Supernatural... Or American Horror Story. And things.
Talk about scarring...
:)
Anna has been SO popular this week! I really need to read this series soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by :)
Sooo many people have mentioned this book! I might add it to my tbr pile. Thanks for dropping by. New follower via GFC.
ReplyDeleteHi! New follower here!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of Masque of The Death but the cover is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the release of your new book :)
Following you back!
ReplyDeleteC.J.
Sarcasm & Lemons
These both sound like good picks, but I don't think I could handle them with all the gore and puss, lol. :) Thanks for stopping by my FF. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat choices! I still need to read my copy of Masque of the Red Death lol.
ReplyDeleteOld Follower.
Thanks for stopping by mine last week!
-Becky @ Book Bite Reviews