Monday, March 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday--Seraphina + RMQ

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Source
My teaser today is from Seraphina by Rachel Hartman.

"Did you bit Prince Rufus's head off, worm?" cried one of the Sons, a muscled riverman. He grabbed the newskin's twiggy arm as if he might break it.

"The treaty forbids us biting off human heads," said the newskin, his voice like a rusty hinge. "But I won't pretend I've forgotten what they taste like." (Print edition, page 20)


**By the way, Rebecca over at  Vicariously! is doing a review of Persistence of Vision and interviewing me. If you have a spare moment, hop on over and see what you think!


Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Source
Last week's RMQ was: "Aw, poor guy. I understand. It's not easy being banished. Take my buddy Bigfoot. When he was banished he fashioned an enormous diaper out of poison ivy. Wore it on his head like a tiara. Called himself "King Itchy"." This one was said by the Abominable Snowman, voiced by John Ratzenberger in Pixar's Monster's Inc. Alex Cavanaugh guessed this one. Great job, Alex!



Today's RMQ is:


"I missed the part where that's my problem."

One point for film, one for actor, one for character. Any guesses?

4 comments :

  1. Awww, Monsters Inc!!!

    I read Seraphina and was not too impressed. It has an interesting concept though.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your RMQ! It's just funny and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! Nice tease! Love the Monsters Inc one too!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Spiderman, said by Peter Parker. (Tobey Maguire)

    ReplyDelete