Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Once Upon a Time Challenge

I happened upon a reading challenge I've decided to participate in. It's called Once Upon a Time and this is year VII, though it's the first time I'll be participating. Basically you just have to read as many fairy tale, fantasy, folklore, or mythology stories, including retellings. As I've been wanting up the number of fairy tale retellings I read, I thought it would be a good one to participate in.

It actually started a week ago, but it goes for three months, so I'm joining. I'm going to aim for Quest the Third, but I'm not going to be very picky either. If I don't quite make it, that's okay. Should be a fun challenge, though. More details HERE.

So, what I need them are recommendations! I do have a goodreads shelf full of retellings, but I'd appreciate hearing what everyone's favorites are!

What are your favorite fairy tale retellings?

3 comments :

  1. Wow, I can't think of any right at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENTWINED sooo good, Beauty by Robin Mckinley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend the Romanian myths and fairy tales, but I don't know any good translation! enjoy your readings!

    ReplyDelete