Thursday, January 17, 2013

Follow Friday--Favorite Villains + Blog Tour Stops--Day 6




Today's stop is a character interview with Marcus over at Bookworm Brandee! Everyone be sure to visit Brandee's site! She's phenomenal and her blog is so cute! :D




Follow Friday--Favorite Villains


Increase Blog Followers, gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
trans Feature & Follow #123
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Who is your favorite villain from a book?

gameofthrones.wikia.com
As most who follow me know, I'm really into George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series. A character I really like in this series is named Sandor Clegane, or The Hound. He's technically a villain because he's ruthless and brutal, killing people in horrible ways and being an all-around douche bag, but he's a great example of a dynamic villain. He has strange, unexplained compassion for random characters we care about as readers (including Sansa) and we're told his history, which is tragic. Despite his evilness, he's intriguingly...sympathetic. I like him a lot.

How about you? Which book villain is your favorite?

33 comments :

  1. I've never read the Fire and Ice series. I know what you mean, though, about a character not being ALL evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I love those types of villains that end up showing compassion!

    New Follower :)

    ~Marie
    Co-Owner/Founder and Blogger of Lunar Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Liesel. Sandor is scary but I'm sure he has a nice heart deep inside. LOL.

    Here's my.

    FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't actually read the series through, just the first book, but I do watch the show. I like your choice, and explanation. Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love well-rounded villains. They make a story more complete. I keep meaning to get around to reading that series but a friend spoiled the books. I was so mad!

    Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. Sigh. I really need to read GOT. Someday.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series is one that I need to read. My hubby has them and has been pushing me to read them. I suppose I should get to them. lol
    Hope you have a great Friday!
    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liesel! I'm gonna have to break down and read The Game of Thrones series...seriously! :) Happy Friday!

    Bookworm Brandee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great villain, I may get to that series someday.

    Amanda

    Lets Get Romantical

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not gotten far into the series (i only read the first book so far) but i agree, the hound is a mystery and he is mean.

    Check out my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good book, I will definitely have to read it.
    My FF


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, the sympathetic villain! Gotta love those!
    I haven't read the books as I started the tv show first and I can never read a book after I see the movie or watch the tv show! I'm weird that way! Great choice though!
    Thanks for stopping by My FF!
    Happy Friday! =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I not familiar with this book but Sandor sounds like an interesting choice.

    My FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! Haven't read or seen this series. But hearing lots about it!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Tv series :)
    And he is really violent :)

    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Song of Fire and Ice has been on my TBR pile for a long time. I've got to read it this year!!! Thanks for stopping by this week :) Old follower
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choice, I've only read the first book so far but looking forward to reading more. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY, gotta love an intriguingly sympathetic villain! I haven't read this series yet, but I'll add it to my TBR :)

    Thanks for stopping by my my FF post earlier.

    Have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome choice!! I love Clegane, even though I like him to the point I'm not sure I can think of him as a villain anymore, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've not read any of the Game of Thrones but they seem to be very popular today. I may have to check them out.
    Thanks for sharing this week.
    Have a great weekend.
    old follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Hound is very interesting!
    Have a great weekend :)

    Old email follower (sugar_and_snark AT yahoo .com)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good choice, enjoy! your week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-follow_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read the book yet, but I hear great reviews.

    Here is my FF

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great answer this week!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just hopping on thru...Happy Feature & Follow Friday!
    Have urself a great weekend!!

    Follow my new Tour Blog below :)

    "Literary Quill Promotions"

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't read that book yet but I love the actor who plays Sandor.
    Thanks for stopping by My FF
    Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Hound, he is so sympathetic! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I only know the HBO series but the villains in that are pretty villainy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. THanks for stopping by! I followed you via GFC!

    I haven't read this series, but I really want to at some point!

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Villain Pick!

    Thanks for stopping by (:

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  31. The series is way too thick for my limited time! An excellent description. I like Gollum for much the same reason. New follower. Check me out at BlogtheEclectic.blogspot.com when you have a minute! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, I REALLY need to catch up on this series! Great choice & thanks for visiting earlier ♥

    ReplyDelete