Thursday, March 28, 2013

Follow Friday--Emotional Scenes

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the po.st that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 



Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?

Source
The most emotional scene I've read recently was in the final book of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series, A Memory of Light. (Co-Authored by Brandon Sanderson.) As many of you know, this is one of my favorite series and one I've been reading for years, so you can imagine the ending was quite emotional for me. I'm not going to go into spoilers because I know several people who follow me are reading the series (and given that this was the last of fourteen books any spoilers wouldn't be cool anyway). Suffice it to say, big battles, awesome speeches, tons of fulfilled prophecies/foreshadows, and lots of tragic death. I sat on my bed and sobbed. Enough said.



How about you? What's the most emotional scene you'd ever read?

23 comments :

  1. Oh I bet this one was emotional for you! Being the last one in such a series it would definitely be expected. Plus, with all the things you listed that it includes...I'm sure I would be rather emotional as well. Great pick! Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stoppin by my FF, I havent read this one but I may need to?
    Old Follower
    -Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read that book either! A lot of the times I would emotional--all sorts of them too--but rarely does a book bring tears to my eyes. I get close though!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liesel, I'm yet to read this book, will check it out on Goodreads.

    Liesel, do you find it beneficial having both Networked Blogs and Linky Followers? I'm trying to decide whether I should offer both as a following option. I just don't want to choose one over the other and some people are unable to follow...decisions, decisions!

    Here's my Feature & Follow

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have been living under a rock, because I haven't even heard of this series.

    Thanks for visiting my FF, I'm an old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have to really think about that. Probably one of the scenes from Nancy Thompson's book, The Mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this book,but looks tempting...
    Old follower
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this book! May have to check it out! New GFC follower!

    My F&F http://wsheam.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following via Linky! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following me :)
    New follower :)
    Here's my very first F&F:
    Maria's Bookshelf - F&F #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I think I posted last week on your FF how I want to read Jordan's books. Still do a week later :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always get the names Rick Riordan and Robert Jordan confused. Probably because I haven't read any of their books yet! Glad the Jordan series has been so meaningful to you. Thanks for visiting.

    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last books are always so emotional.
    Old Follower!
    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for dropping by!
    New GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I really want to read this series -- great pick!!

    New follower via GFC! Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd LOVE to get wrapped up in a series 14 books long!
    Following you back!
    Beth @ "Free Spirit Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still haven't read this series, but it is on my priority list especially now that it is complete. Thanks for visiting my FF! Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know I am getting repetitive but I need to read more by this author! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Interesting choice for the emotional scene. I had to stop reading your response because I have not read that book yet. I'll get to it eventually though! I'm following you on Twitter. =)

    Silk Screen Views is new to the blog hop. It looks interesting and I’m looking forward to finding out fun blogs out there. To follow us, you can Follow via WordPress, Email, RSS, Twitter and Facebook. To get the latest updates for sure, I recommend Following by WordPress, Email or RSS.

    For my answer, I described a scene from Written in Red by Anne Bishop. You can read the answer here:
    http://silkscreenviews.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/feature-follow-friday-1/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant answer! I love Brandon Sanderson and really must get into the Wheel of Time series ASAP :D Thanks for sharing & for stopping by ♥ Sorry for my late reply!

    Old follower.
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete