Monday, February 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Swoon-Worthy Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books That Will Make You Swoon (pictures courtesy of goodreads.com unless otherwise linked)

I don't read much genre romance, so for me, it's all about the book boyfriends.


10. Citadels of Fire - Of course I had to include my own stuff because if the male characters in my own books didn't make me swoon, I wouldn't be much of a female writer, would I? Taras is one of my favorite characters I've ever written. He's a genuinely decent guy who has to deal with one of the most brutal rulers ever to sit the throne of Russia. I can't wait to introduce him to everyone in May when Citadels of Fire finally drops!


9. Persistence of Vision/Quantum Entanglement - I have a pair of good-looking brothers in this series. One of my writer pals joined my critique group in time to read Quantum Entanglement (book 2) but she hadn't read book 1. Because of that, she actually liked David better, where most people like Marcus more. I thought that was interesting. Eventually she went back and read book 1 and I asked her what she thought then. Her exact words, while looking sheepish, were, "Okay. I get it. Marcus is a man-stud." I just had to laugh.

8. Under the Never Sky - Perry? Definitely swoon-worthy.

7. Divergent - Four? Ditto. This book had such great make-out scenes. The reason so many people connected with it was at least as much about that as anything else in the dystopian world.


Jon Snow (Source)
6. A Song of Fire and Ice - Martin writes such fabulously flawed characters, and that makes the all the more endearing. I love so many of the male characters in this series: Robb, Tyrion, Ned. But the one that makes me swoon most has to be Jon Snow. The fact that Kit Harington plays him in the HBO series is just a happy bonus.

5. Grave Mercy - I loved both the male character and the romance in this book. Couldn't stop reading it. Definitely swoon worthy. :D


Richard Rahl--Sword of Truth
Source
4. Sword of Truth - Richard Rahl is definitely one to get the ladies hot and bothered. Love him!

3. Masque of the Red Death - This is one of those story that starts out with two guys and it takes a while to figure out which one she's supposed to be with. One of them, Will, is a gentle guy that is the caretaker for his two younger siblings. As someone who's always looked after my own younger siblings and now helps care for my 3-year-old niece, that was really endearing to me.

2. Hunger Games - I know some people are team Peeta and some team Gayle. The thing that clinched it for me was the story about the bread. I was behind Peeta all the way as soon as I read that. So sweet!

1. Wheel of Time - There are plenty--plen-tee!--of swoon-worthy guys and relationships in this series. Of course Lan tops my list (I'm sure you're shocked) but I also swoon over Perrin, Rand, Gawyn, and, let's face it, the Aielmen in general wouldn't be hard on the eyes either.
Rand al'Thor
al'Lan Mandragoran











So, what are your top ten swoon-worthy novels?

22 comments :

  1. I have heard such great things about the Wheel of Time series. But it is just sooooooo long, it intimidates me to even think about starting it right now!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library--My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS super long, but it's also super easy to read. It's pretty much my favorite series ever, so I'd highly recommend it. Awesome! (And very swoonable characters. :D)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I thought Richard and Kahlan had some lovely moments in the first book of the Sword of Truth series :)

    Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Loved the romance in that series. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. I almost included The Hunger Games on my list too. It does have great romance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list, and while I haven't read the majority of the books you have on the list, I would just like to say that I LOVE Jon Snow and I also thought Grave Mercy was just such a brilliant book.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's been awhile since I read Grave Mercy, but I totally loved it. And you just can't have too much Jon Snow! :D Thanks Stacie! Happy Tuesday! :D

      Delete
    2. It's been a while for me too, but that book just took me completely by surprise. I did not at all think I would like it even a 1/4 as much as I did. Going to have to re-read it myself so I can finish the series haha.

      You are very much welcome, and happy Tuesday (or Wednesday now) to you too :)

      Delete
  5. It never even crossed my mind to put a George R.R. Martin book on the list. But he created quite some swoon worthy characters! I think I just don't get to attached to them, as they will die sometime anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Not a good idea to get too attached to Martin characters. I just can't help it, though. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Oh nice list! Especially Four! Sigh! Love that Theo James is going to play him! LOVED him in the last Underworld movie!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize he was in that. I'll have to watch it again. :D Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  7. I don't believed I've swooned over a book just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I suppose it is more of a gal's practice. :D There's a first time for everything, though. :D

      Delete
  8. Peeta, OF COURSE. I just started to read A Game of Thrones after devouring the TV show. I am not sure who I swoon for in that series yet.... my feelings are just so complicated about all the characters, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.I totally understand that. I guess complicated characters make for complicated feelings. But they're all just so addicting! :D Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read any of these, I will have to check them out!
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! They're all awesome (not that I'm biased or anything! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many peoples want to earn money on internet without any investment but there is many online jobs which have many investments.

    Now you can earn without any investment with Just clicking and Earn daily upto 10 Dollars.
    Join this Best opportunity to make money online without any investment or Charges.
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make Money Online Without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 2.50% for 90 Days.
    Minimum Withdraw 1 and Instant Payout with PayPal, EgoPay and Perfect Money
    Join Now
    http://www.hotfxearnings.com/

    ReplyDelete