Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Can't Believe I Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books (or Authors) I Can't Believe I've Never Read!

I added in the bit about authors because there are few authors I 've heard nothing but good thinks about for the past year or two, but who I haven't gotten around to reading yet. In nor particular order, I can't believe I've never read:


Jennifer L. Armentrout
Source
Authors:
10. Jennifer L. Armentrout - The Lux series was one of the first I heard about when I started blogging, but I still haven't gotten around to it. Or anything else by her.

9. Julie Kagawa - Immortal Rules was one of the first books I added to my TBR list when I first joined Goodreads. But have I read it yet? NO!

8. John Green - I'm gonna try really hard to read The Fault in Our Stars before the film hits theaters. It's been sitting on my kindle FOREVER and I can't wait to get to it.


Source
Classics:
7. Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas - This is one classic I've never gotten around to reading. I wanted to read The Man in the Iron Mask more, which I read last year. Honestly, I'm not particularly keen to pick up another Dumas really soon, but I do want to read this title eventually.

6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville - A doozy, I know, but I've always wanted to read it. Just to say that I have. I'm actually hoping this is Ahab's year! :D

5. Nostromo by Joseph Conrad - I love, LOVE, LOVE Joseph Conrad, but have honestly only read a handful of his works. This is supposed to be his best book, so I really want to read it. Just on principle. 


Source
Scif/Dystopians:
4. Dune by Frank Herbert - Everyone says it's a scifi masterpiece, but I have yet to have the pleasure.

3. Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - Yeah, as a writer of dystopian myself, I really ought to have read all the classic dystopians. It's actually surprising that I never read this in high school, but the way the chips fell, I just never did.

2. 1984 by George Orwell - Uh, ditto #3. Plus it's my sister's favorite classic novel and she's perpetually mad at me for not having read it yet. :D

1. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand - I know the story, and have read excerpts, and seen the recent movie versions, but have never actually read the book. Great politics, a strong female protagonist up against a corrupt system. Sign me up! I want to read it for all the awesome quotes, if nothing else. :D 

What books do you have yet to read?

8 comments :

  1. Ooh nice! Jennifer and Julie are among my fave authors ever! And The Count of Monte Cristo is practically the only classic--besides Dracula and fairy tales--that I ever read and enjoyed! Great lists!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a couple of those. Dune was good, but not great. Not a story I'd ever want to read again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! I struggle with the older writing style/language of classics. Yes, definitely read F451 soon, very good stuff!

    Here's my TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the Lux series after reading all of the books out so far last year. You must read The Immortal Rules it is such an amazing series! I need to get round to reading a few of those old dystopians too seeing as I love YA dystopian books right now! Great choice :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-rewind-favourite-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Count of Monte Cristo is really good. I'm not one for classical reads but it's one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. Happy to see I am not the only person who is very behind on classics - I haven't read very many. I read J. L Armentrout for the first time recently and really enjoyed it. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I've been reading JLA since she first published, I have to say YES to that one. It took me a while to be brave enough to read The Fault in our stars and then I sobbed through it. Great list.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. o.O no Julie Kagawa or John Green yet? And 1984 is so good, I've made sure my daughter can read that for her English class this year :)

    I haven't read a lot of JLA either (and I keep mixing them up, aren't there two authors with very similar names?)

    Great TTT, Liesel, thanks for stopping by mine yesterday. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete