Thursday, February 6, 2014

Follow Friday: First Reads. Again.

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


If you could read a book for the "first time" again, what would it be and why?


Source
I thought about answering this and sounding like a broken record, but then I decided to come up with something fresh. I decided that I'd love to read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe again for the first time.

My mom read it to me when I was a kid, but I was so little, I don't remember what my impressions of it first were, except that I liked it. We had a copy of an old '70s cartoon version of it. It's one of those versions that is hysterical to watch, now, and more than a little creepy, but I watched it hundreds of times as a kid. 

I re-read all the chronicles again in college and loved them all, but The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe will always hold a special place in my heart!

What book would you like to read again for the first time?

16 comments :

  1. Blog hoppin through. Have a great weekend! =)

    Following you on Bloglovin. Appreciate the follow back:

    Opinionated Cupcakes

    Rinny & Kimmy
    Opinionated Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when I was little, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove those creepy old 70's cartoons! New GFC follower here. I would really appreciate it if you could return the favor! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That's a very nice choice.
    New Bloglovin' follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd reread The Sword of Shannara. It was such a fresh story the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read the books, only watched the tv series and movies, which I enjoyed. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good pick. I read the whole series. Have a great week.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good choice! Happy Friday!

    New follower on Bloglovin'. My first FF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd choose Ender's Game since it has a great twist ending.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choice!

    Hmm... maybe "A Wrinkle in Time"? I actually still remember the first time my dad read that book to me... so I wouldn't necessarily want to have a "read it for the first time" experience NOW, but to be able to go back to those days with him sitting on the floor leaning against my bed, and my brothers and I all piled up around him, listening to his voice make the stories come alive.

    For a really, "read it for the first time... again" title, but nowadays... I'd have to go with... Ender's Shadow or The Icarus Hunt. I just love the AHA! moments at the end of those books that I just didn't see coming (I read Ender's Shadow before I ever heard of Ender's Game), and it is pretty hard for me not to see the end coming... so I absolutely LOVE it when it happens. To re-read those two again without knowing how they end, once more... that would be really, really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving all the answers I'm reading today!
    Old follower :)
    Here is our FF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading this one in primary school. It was one of my favorites back then.
    Great choice!
    Have a good weekend, Liesel

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer! Thanks for stopping by and have a great Sunday! :)

    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blog Hopping. Nice choice although I haven't read the books.

    New follower via GFC

    Here's my #FF

    ReplyDelete