Monday, February 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Why I Love My Bookish Life

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader

Reasons I Love Being a Blogger:
10. I get to geek out about the books that I read.
9. I get to meet and/or connect with other awesome, bookish people.
8. I get an outlet for my thoughts, feelings, and ramblings.
7. It increases my creativity, gives me ideas for my writing.
6. I get a sense of pride and accomplishment for every book I read, post I create, and new acquaintance I make.

Reasons I Love Being a Reader:
5. I get to lose myself in awesome worlds with awesome characters.
4. I can live the drama without actually living the drama, you know?
3. I can experience things that I'll probably never have the opportunity to experience in real life (time and space travel, anyone?).
2. I can get away from both the stress and the monotony of real life for a time. 
1. I can learn to solve my problems with more grace by reading about how other, flawed people face theirs. 

Why do you love YOUR bookish life?

14 comments :

  1. I like books as escapism as well. It's nice to be taken away from the real world sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Especially after a rough day at the day job. :D

      Delete
  2. Yeah my main love of reading is definitely the escapism!! Kind of left that out in my post today though...but it's a given! :)

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! And for stopping by! Happy Tuesday! :D

      Delete
  4. I enjoy all the connections and the ability to support fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Those are definitely great ones. Thanks Alex! :D

      Delete
  5. Those are really awesome points! I totally agree with you :D

    My Top Ten this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! And for stopping by. Have a great night! :D

      Delete
  6. Number 4 is GREAT! I'd never thought about it that way - keeping the drama fictional is a good goal. Since I read a lot of fantasy, number three is also a biggie for me to. I love swimming around in the imagination for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list! I think geeking out over much loved books is probably the best thing about being a blogger! And I love your point about living the drama without living the drama -- escapism at its best!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. People I’ve met through books and blogging are the best. This might be my favorite top 10 list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks :) There aren't many feelings that are better than getting lost in a great book. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete