Pages
- Home
- Welcome!
- Current Contest: Desolate Mantle
- Giveaways!
- Advice for Writers
- Visit My Website!
- Crime Fiction: The Botanist
- High Fantasy: Dragon Magic
- The Walking Dead!!!
- Thoughts For Thursday
- Signings and Events
- Contact and Links
- Dystopian: Interchron Series
- Historical Fiction: Kremlins Series
- Crime Fiction: Street Games Series
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Follow Friday--Big Words

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
I can't remember which book this is from (I'm reading two classics at the same time so I'm sure it was one of them) but I remember looking it up. (Checked my dictionary.com iphone app to find it again.) The word was caparison (not comparison). It means: a decorative covering for a horse or for the tack or harness of a horse; trappings. Probably something that would ONLY be seen in a historical piece.
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!
Q: What is the BIGGEST word you've seen used in a book lately - that made you stop and look it up? Might as well leave the definition & book too.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: historicenterprises.com |
What word have YOU had to look up recently?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

Hahaha I wonder what the author was describing that they needed to talk about a caparison? At least I know what it means now! Hope you have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteHere's my FF!
Thanks! Right back at ya! :D
DeleteI rarely look up words even if I'm unsure about them, I generally just read the rest of the sentence, paragraph, etc and assume that what I think it means is right. lol
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower.
LOL. I do that sometimes, too. Thanks for following! Happy Friday!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi there!
ReplyDeleteThat is certainly a unique word. i can hardly remember anything for mines. LOL.
I'm a new follower from FF! Be sure to follwo me back at http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com! Thanks!
Thanks for following! I'll check out your blog too! :D
DeleteThat is one I haven't heard of before.
ReplyDeleteOld follower.
My F&F
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday!
DeleteHaven't heard of that word! Might have looked that one up myself. I usually can infer meaning of words based on the context, but if a word gives me trouble I will look it up!
ReplyDeleteHere's my Follow Friday
Have a GREAT weekend!
Old Follower :)
Thanks, Jessica! Right back at ya! :D
DeleteI've never heard or read that word before, but now I know what it means. I'm a new follower, have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following! Happy Friday!
DeleteYou've got to love the classics, I swear sometimes it seems like they make up words ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat answer!
Thanks for stopping by!
Here's my FF's for this week Book Me! and
Carmen Jenner Author
Happy Friday!
Thanks, Carmen! I'll check out both your blogs, too! :D
DeleteDon't know that one - it's a good word though.
ReplyDeleteHere's my Follow Friday. Stop by if you get a chance.
Followed you back! Thanks for stopping by! :D Happy Friday!
DeleteIt's always the clothing!
ReplyDeleteNew follower via RSS My F&F
Thanks for following! I'll do the same. Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteHuh that's an interesting word! Haha
ReplyDeleteNew Follower! My FF @ Pink Fluffy Hearts
Thanks for following! I'll do the same! Happy Friday!
DeleteThat is an interesting word. I've never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing! This week is turning into a vocabulary lesson.
ReplyDeleteHere's my Friday Hop
Thanks for stopping by, Quinn! Have a great weekend!
DeleteThat's quite a word :) Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier.
ReplyDeleteI am an old GFC and Linky follower, but a new networked blog follower.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Great! Thanks Lexxie! Have a wonderful weekend yourself! :D
DeleteThat's a new word to me! I'll have to figure out a way to use it in sentence sometime today...hehe. Old follower.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
LOL. Thanks Jennifer!
DeleteHopping through. I never would've guessed that one. Of course, I don't know anything about horses.
ReplyDeleteMy Hop
Thanks Alison! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteNow I know I didn't know what that word was and never knew what that was what the covering was called.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Have a great weekend!
Thanks! Right back at ya! :D
DeleteNever knew that word, interesting.
ReplyDeletehttp://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature_28.html
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! :D
DeleteI knew that for some reason, but not at all sure why a word like that would stick with me. :)
ReplyDeleteNew follower - thanks for stopping by. Bob @ Beauty in Ruins
Good for you, Bob! You're the first one that has! Thanks for following. I'll check out your blogas well! :D
DeleteHi Leisel, thanks for stopping by my poetry site today. Following you now #FF
ReplyDeleteThanks a million, Luke! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteDefinitely a new one for me. Thanks for visiting. I'm new follower.
ReplyDeleteThanks for following! Have a great weekend! :D
DeleteGEEZ! That's a mouthful!! Great answer.
ReplyDeleteOld follower.
Christina@ Ensconced in YA
My FF
First time hearing that one. Great answer. New follower here.
ReplyDeleteCheck out my FF
Hey am a new follower from friday follow
ReplyDeleteplease follow me back http://chroniclesofabookaddict.blogspot.com