Monday, January 19, 2015

HTML Question

How I feel trying to figure out new HTML. (Source)
Happy Monday, Everyone!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! 

So I'm finally getting around to streamlining my blogs. All of my posts will be here now, rather than having them both here and over at my LKHill blog. I will be keeping all of the features from that blog, of course. They'll just be here, not there.

So I have a question for those of you who are WAY more genius at HTML than I am. I was trying to do a custom redirect so that anyone going to that blog is automatically redirected here. I googled the code and it worked. 

The problem is that any time anyone tries to go to any past post from that blog--say they find it through a search engine and click on the permalink--it still redirects them here to this blog.

Does anyone know how to do a redirect that will only work for the blog URL (http://lkhill.blogspot.com) but will allow people to access the blog's permalinks? I've been googling all the keywords I can think of, but can't find the answer.

Either it's called something specific I don't know, or it's just not possible. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for me, I'd really appreciate it. If you don't want to put a big, long, comment, feel free to email me at lkhillbooks@gmail.com.

Thanks! Happy Monday, Everyone!

4 comments :

  1. I don't know if it's possible using just HTML (I'd like to see what you found that worked), but you can do it with Javascript, if you're allowed to use that. Something along these lines perhaps.

    < script type="text/javascript" >
    if (window.location.pathname == "/")
    window.location.replace("http://musingsonfantasia.blogspot.com/");
    < /script >

    Remove the spaces just inside the script tags (I had to put them there so that Blogspot would let me post this comment). E.g. replace "< " with "<" and " >" with ">".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think it's possible with HTML either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. I just wanted to see if anyone knew. Thanks Alex! :D

      Delete