Thursday, January 22, 2015

Follow Friday + Friday Funnies

Hey Everyone! Happy Friday! 

Quick announcement before I get to this week's #FF post: the Kindle version of Citadels of Fire is on sale for $1.99 today only! Here's the LINK.

I'd appreciate any help I can get spreading the word. :D

In a world where danger hides in plain sight and no one aspires to more than what they were born to, Inga must find the courage to break the oppressive chains she’s been bound with since birth. 

As a maid in the infamous Kremlin, life in 16th-century Russia is bleak and treacherous. That is, until Taras arrives. Convinced that his mother’s death when he was a boy was no mere accident, he returned from England to discover what really happened. While there, he gains favor from the Tsar later known as Ivan the Terrible, the most brutal and notorious ruler ever to sit upon the throne of Russia. Ivan allows him to take a servant, and to save Inga from a brutal boyar intent on raping her, Taras requests Inga to stay in his chambers. 

Up against the social confines of the time, the shadowy conspiracies that cloak their history, and the sexual politics of the Russian Imperial court, Inga and Taras must discover their past, plan for their future, and survive the brutality that permeates life within the four walls that tower over them all, or they may end up like so many citizens of ancient Russia: nothing but flesh and bone mortar for the stones of the Kremlin wall.

Follow Friday


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Do you post your reviews anywhere besides your blog? Where else do you post reviews? - Suggested by A Great Read

Yup, I do! I generally post my reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon, though I'll admit I can forget and get behind on this. I'll take a Saturday every month or two and catch up on all my cross-posting. :D 

Oh well. It gets done eventually. Before you go, check out my Friday Funnies below!



Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

Yeah most hilarious video EVER! Check it out below: Diva cop rocking out to Taylor Swift. Notice he knows every word of the entire song! :D






How about you? Where else do you post reviews? Did diva cop make you laugh. I giggled for SO long! :D

22 comments :

  1. Same here, those are my two biggest places that I post them and then of course, scheduling them to go live on the blog and making sure the reviews for my eGalley's are posted on Edelweiss/Netgalley. :)

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done eGalley, but other than that, I'm with you. Happy Friday, Susan! :D

      Delete
  2. I do post my reviews on Amazon, GoodReads and Blog. Followed on Bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I often forget to cross-post and once in awhile, I have to sit down and link everything up. Happy Friday! :D Old follower :)

    Here's my FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. Nice! I tend to forget to post on Amazon when it comes to ARCs. Otherwise I post them all at the same time. Same review, so it's just signing in and out and copying and pasting!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I definitely need to get in the habit of that. Thanks Jessica! :D

      Delete
  5. Ooh I should probably take a Saturday or five out as well to organise my Goodreads! I am soo behind on it, it's almost (definitely) disgraceful! I'm already following you everywhere! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy your weekend!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one behind. Thanks Julie! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  6. If I get pulled over by that cop, I'm using this video as blackmail.
    I don't have an Amazon account, so I post on Goodreads.
    Will spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, love that video. Thanks Alex! I appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  7. Saw diva cop video last week - and I'm still laughing.

    Gotta get updated on Goodreads too! My blog get the review first then NetGalley then the others if I remember. :) Sometimes I do, other times well that's the reason for the updating on Goodreads.

    Had fun wandering around here. New follower on bloglovin'

    Here's mine for the week:http://www.keeperbookshelf.com/feature-follow-friday-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha! Have a great weekend, yourself! :D

      Delete
  8. Lol...poor cop. I admit it, I sign in the car all the time.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. My 4-year old niece and I tend to sing at the top of our lungs. What I think is funny about this is that it's a Taylor Swift song he's obviously self-conscious about singing (because he stops and acts cool when anyone looks at him) but then he gets way into it and knows every word. SO FUNNY! :D Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  10. Wow, Liesel I LOVE the new cover! I'm like you and take a few hours to catch up on posting!
    Hope you've had a good weeken.
    Kirsty xx
    https://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/ff-feature-and-follow-friday-hopping-time/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! Hope your weekend rocked, too! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  11. I find Saturday morning is my 'catch-up' time. I try to get up before the rest of the house and have that quiet time. Rarely happens though. ;)

    Regular follower x

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely use the weekends to catch up on stuff, though it's not usually quiet time in the morning. It's more like sitting on my butt on the couch all day with my computer, getting as much done as I can between the moments of chaos.

      Delete