Thursday, January 29, 2015

Follow Friday/Funny Friday

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Hard print (real thing) or Kindle/Nook, which is your favorite? - Suggested by The Realm of Books

Source
Of course the feel and smell of a real book in your hands is unlike anything else, so like most people, I do prefer that. However, in many ways I also "prefer" ebooks simply because I can take them more places. I feel like they have greater versatility, and are often cheaper as well. So, I make use of both. I have hundreds of physical titles sitting on my shelves, and hundreds more e-books sitting on my kindle. Personally, in this day and age, I think being a hybrid reader is the best of both worlds. :D

Before you leave, check out Friday Funnies, below!




Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

Just some funny stuff I found on Pinterest this week. Enjoy!






LOL. My brothers are definitely guilty of this one!
Love these!
Hilarious. Not very nice, but hilarious.
Do you prefer print or ebooks? Did any of these give you a chuckle?

20 comments :

  1. It is a hard question. They both have their pros and cons. But nothing beats a print book.

    new follower Sara @ ramblings of a booknerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer both. Each has its uses. Btw, thank you for the laughs! The Ellen tweets are hilarious! xD Also, about the sandwiches, I totally get it! I did it sometimes too! The last one is not nice but still, it's funny! xD Thank you for sharing these, I surely will be back next Friday for more laughs! :)
    Cheers! Azee @ UnderCover Critique
    Check out my My FF Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it. Thanks Azee. Have a great Friday! :D

      Delete
  3. LOl..These are funny pics..Thanks for sharing :)
    I love hard print more but I have a balanced shelf. Although I love hardcovers better but still ebooks are more convenient to carry around. :)

    Old follower

    My FF

    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Hardbacks are prettier, but ebooks are more convenient. Well said. Thanks Nikita! :D

      Delete
  4. OOh nice! I like them both as well, but my first love will always be the real book!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely something about having a real book in your hands. Thanks Jessica. Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  5. Kindle feeds my instant gratification on want to read it now books and NetGalley. Physical feeds my emotions on having a new world in my hands just waiting for me to open it up. So both for me.

    Thanks for the giggles.

    Old Bloglovin' follower

    My FF this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you put that. Instant gratification vs. deeper emotions. Good call. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  6. Some of those were hilarious.
    I admit, I'm a complete convert when it comes to eBooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. I've definitely been converted over the past couple of years, too. Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  7. I consider myself a Hybrid as well! ;) Both ebooks and hard backs have their difference's but their still books. Although most of the time I go for Hard backs! Thanks for making me laugh!

    New GFC and Bloglovin follower!

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love my Kindle for that very same reason and a few other's too. Like, I love being able to experiment a little bit more with new-to-me author's/books, that otherwise if I were thinking of purchasing them in physical form I might chicken out due to the price or limited funds to spend, so that makes it even more exciting and adventurous for me. :)

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's definitely an upside of ebooks. Totally agree! Thanks for stopping by, Susan! Have a great rest of your weekend! :D

      Delete
  9. The tweets all had me laughing. Love the one about the salsa and the baby!! I love both physical books and eBooks. Both have their awesome qualities. :D
    Old follower
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them, Jennifer. I agree. Pros and cons for both kinds of reading. Have a great rest of your weekend! :D

      Delete
  10. I love being able to take all my books with me on my e-reader. Sometimes I can't help but be indecisive.
    Check out my
    FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right. I can't decide. (J/K :D) I agree. I read both kinds too. Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete