Thursday, January 15, 2015

Follow Friday: Book Duplicates

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Do you own any doubles of your books? What led to getting that second...or third or fourth...copy? - Suggested by A Great Read. 

There are really only two reasons this happens to me:

Books I wasn't very kind to and had to buy replacements.
1) My favorite series (like Wheel of Time) that I read over and over I often have more than one kind of copy. Especially for later books, when I was caught up to the most recently published book in the series, I might have a hard copy. But then later I bought a paperback. And maybe an ecopy too so I could read on my kindle app. Or, you know, one book gets totally beat up and is falling apart, so I buy another, but can't bear to throw the old one, complete with highlights and margin annotations, away. Yeah, I'm sentimental that way. :D

Both hardback and paperback version of HP#3
2) I've gotten multiple copies of the same book for Christmas before. It's almost always my fault because I'll tell multiple people of a book I'm specifically hoping to get, and then have the nerve to be surprised when more than one person gets it for me. If one of the copies is an ecopy or was purchased online, returns become tricky. More than once I've just shrugged it off and decided I have a nice gift for the next brother whose birthday comes along. :D


How about you? Have you found yourself in similar situations?

12 comments :

  1. I always tend to buy the first book in a series in paperback (unless its just released of course) and then if I love the series I will buy the next two books immediately when they are released so they are in hardback and I will then just have to get the first one in hardback too. Even if the second and third (or any more) are available in paperback I will still buy the hardback ones for my favourite series. Nothing annoys me more than non-matching series.

    New GFC follower :)

    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I hear ya. I don't always do that, but I definitely always want to. :D Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! My FF Post

      Delete
  2. Ahh, Harry Potter! Having them in paperback and hardcover is a must. (:

    Old follower.

    FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks Jennifer! :D Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! My FF Post

      Delete
  3. Nice! I don't think I've ever worn through one of my books before. Definitely a good reason to have multiple copies!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! :D Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! My FF Post

      Delete
  4. I have a couple duplicates in the HP series that are in paperback format, because I recently acquired the hardback version of them so my American collection would be complete and all the same. One of my besties, always talks about the Wheel of Time series, she's tried to get me into reading it and it's a series that she loves quite a bit.

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoT is awesome! If you like HP, you'll like WoT. It just has adult characters and way more words. :D Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend. :D

      Delete
  5. Most of my doubles are having the book as both e-books and a physical copy.
    But I forgot to include that I do have a couple doubles of Harry Potter. I have the hardbacks of all the books, but I also have the first 2 or 3 in paperback as well.
    Great post!
    Old Follower.
    Stephanie MyFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. I totally feel ya about physical and ebooks. I don't always mean to get both, but...I still do. :D Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  6. Old follower

    I don't own any multiple copies of my book. I just can't bring myself to spend my money on a book that I've read before unless the book means a lot to me.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just makes you smarter than the rest of us. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! :D

      Delete