Thursday, January 8, 2015

Follow Friday: Non-Bookish Collectors Items

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Do you have any fun collections (other than books)? - Suggested by Peace Love Books

I think I have three that qualify, though two haven't been true for a while.

1) Back when I used to travel more, I was the kind of person that collected shot glasses, which is funny because I don't drink. At all. I just kind of thought they were cute. (Hehe.) As you can see, I have quite a few, but I haven't done much traveling the last few years, so I haven't collected them in a while.

2) Growing up, one thing my mom always gave us girls for Christmas was a porcelain doll. I got one every year for most of my childhood, so I have TONS of them. I've started re-gifting them to my niece, and I haven't received one in many years, now, but I definitely have a collection of them.

3) My family has always been big on going to the movies, so a few years ago, I started collecting movie stubs. They aren't worth anything, and many have faded so much that you can no longer read the ink to see which film they're from, but I have several large backs of them (like hundreds of movie stubs) and I'm kind of proud because it's not something most people would think of collecting. I'm just a nerd that way. :D

So, what do you collect besides books? 

18 comments :

  1. OMG! I use to always save my movie stubs as a kid! I had quite a collection too! I stopped awhile back because 1 I wasn't seeing as many movies and 2, they changed the stub so it's really crappy paper. I liked the thicker paper and the perforated edges. I even used to put some in my notebooks, like showing how many times I saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie!

    It was funny watching the prices of admission go up too! Sad too in a way I guess! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it IS kind of sad. Thanks Jessica! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I totally forgot about my ticket stubs! I think I have about 100 of them!
    Lisa@Lisa's Library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Glad to know I'm not the only one! :D Thanks. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  3. I have a small collection of shot glasses as well. And I don't drink hard alcohol. Go figure.
    Right now I'd have to say I am collecting guitars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool thing to collect! Have a great weekend, Alex! :D

      Delete
  4. Another blogger had cinema stubs, and I really envied her and you for being able to collect them, as here in the UK the cinema chains have started to go over to printed receipts for tickets, which is really sad. :(

    Regular follower. xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they still use paper stubs, with everyone "going green" and all. I hope they never change it, though. :D Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, I can't tell you the number of movie stubs that I have saved over the years, just so that I can add them to a small movie stubs scrapbook that I decided to keep to remember those little moments and things of that nature. I also collect shot glasses from various places because they are just kind of awesome reminders of where you've been and what you've done. :)

    My main collections though are my old classic MLP's, my coffee cups, and all of my Buffy/Angel and Doctor Who stuff as well as tv on dvd. :)

    Definitely a new follower, enjoying your blog and will be back to visit often.

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you collect lots of fun stuff, Susan! Thanks so much for following! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  6. I used to collect all my movie tickets but the words disappear after awhile. That made me sad so I try to just throw them out now. I have enough stuff kicking around my bedroom anyway, I guess. Thanks for sharing!

    Kelsey @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the words on lots of mine have disappeared as well. :( Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  7. Hopping through. I've never collected shot glasses but I can see why they'd be a good idea. They're small and cute with decorations.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, pretty much. :D Thanks Alison! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  8. I also collected movie tickets, while I was in college. I now don't go anywhere near as frequent as I did. Gotta love the dollar theater! LOL. I have a handful of shot glasses as well - souvenirs mostly from other people from places they've traveled, but I'm drink so rarely people think I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way. Funny how responsibility gets in the way of movie theater time. LOL. I definitely love the dollar theater! :D Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  9. Haha, shot glasses are a very popular collection! I have quite a few myself, but I don't do shots! (:

    New follower via Bloglovin' and GFC! (:

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm in good company. Thanks Jennifer! :D

      Delete