Monday, October 7, 2013

Readers Imbibing Peril Update

So I just thought I'd do a quick update on my Halloween Reads. I'm participating in Readers Imbibing Peril VIII. So much fun! For more info, click the link.

To see my opening post and read my goals for this year, click here.

I've already read one Halloween-related book: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. I'll be reviewing it later this week.

I'm also reading a book of Selected Works by Edgar Allen Poe. I'm supposed to read two short stories and one poem per day in order to finish it by the end of the month. Already I'm a little behind, but I hope to catch up this week.


Source
So far, I've read:

Short Stories:


  • MS in a Bottle
  • Berenice
  • Morella
  • Some Passages in the Life of a Lion
  • The Unparalleled Adventures of One Han Pfaall
  • The Assignation (The Visionary)
  • Bon-Bon
  • Shadow: A Parable
Poems:
  • The Raven
  • The Bells
  • Annabel Lee
  • Lennore
So far, I think Berenice creeped me out the most, though MS in a Bottle had the best imagery. And his poems are just plain intriguing. You could mull over them for hours, though I generally don't have the time to do that. :(

This week, I'll be reading Bethany Griffin's Dance of the Red Death (inspired by E.A.Poe, incidentally) as well as trying to catch up on my short stories. 

What Halloween reads will you shiver through this month?

2 comments :

  1. I'm so far behind I'm not even going to get to any Halloween reads...
    You want some real creepy stories? Read HP Lovecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poe is excellent fodder for the creepy season!

    ReplyDelete