Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday: Fear

Thoughts for Thursday is a new feature hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!

In honor of the coming holiday, this week's theme is Fear(For more quotes, check out my other blog.)


"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear int he face; You must do the thing you think you cannot do."--Eleanor Roosevelt
"I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens."--Woody Allen
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."--Frank Herbert, Dune
"Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him."--George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."--Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
"To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead..."--Anton Chekhov

What's your favorite quote about fear? Do you have one to add?

1 comment :