Thursday, October 3, 2013

Book Review: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Source
Today I'm reviewing City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. This is, of course, book 3 in The Mortal Instruments series. 

Yup, making my way through this amazing series. Finally. I don't know what it is with book 3s, but for some reason, it's generally them that makes me a die-hard fan of the series. I don't know why. Maybe it's because book 2 has a tendency to sag in many series and trilogies. I don't know. I actually didn't find any problems with book 2 of this series, but as amazing as City of Ashes was, City of Glass was a billion times better!

There was constant action, tons of romance, answers to a lot of the history we've been waiting for, and of course the answer to Clary and Jace. I couldn't stop reading this book. Totally loved it. She finally took us into Idris, and I thought she did a great job with the world-building. I could totally visualize the city in all it's glory.

And, let's face it: you all know I'm a sucker for epic stuff. So, put an epic battle in a story, and you'll pretty much always have me. The battle may not have lasted too terribly long, but there was all KINDS of epicness flying around all the place. 

Yeah, it was cool.

My only regret is that I won't be able to read book 4 right away. As we enter October, I've got Halloween reads to see to, so it will probably be a month before I continue the series. :(
Oh well. Maybe the anticipation will make book 4 even better. :D

Have you read the Mortal Instruments yet? For those of you who've read both this and the Clockwork series, which do you prefer?

1 comment :

  1. I loved this book. I liked Book 4 too, but I do kinda wish the series had ended here. It felt complete. Still, I'm looking forward to finishing all 6.

    ReplyDelete