Monday, February 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Favorite Characters + Blog Tour Stops & RMQ!

For today's Blog Tour Stop, hop on over to Page Girl's Page for a review of Persistence of Vision!

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of their bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Fantasy Genre

A lot of these you guys have probably seen before because I tend to rave about them and use them a lot in my Top Ten lists. But what can I say? I love them and never get tired of talking about them! ;D

10. Eddard Stark of A Song of Fire and Ice--he was so sweet and always did the right thing. I loved him as a father, a lord, and an all-around awesome human being!

http://hbowatch.com

9. Aragorn of The Lord of the Rings--Who wasn't rooting for him? And uncrowned kings? I'm kind of a sucker for them. (See #1)

http://lotr.wikia.com
8. Reep-a-Cheep of The Chronicles of Narnia--So funny and loveable! Fearless, even though he's only a few inches tall with a sword the size of a toothpick. He always says the funniest things, too. I always looked forward to scenes with him!

http://themoviepostersite.com
7. Zedicus Zu'l Zorander of The Sword of Truth--he's an old, white-haired wizard with a hysterical sense of humor, tons of power all on his own, and a healthy love for the ladies--even if they're his age. ;D

http://legendoftheseeker-plus.com
6. Brienne of Tarth of A Song of Fire and Ice--Totally love this chick! In a world of medieval men and customs, she picks up a sword and fights for the weak and innocent. She's kind of Sir Lancelot's other half.

swordsdragonsnerds.blogspot.com
5. Jon Snow of A Song of Fire and Ice--Totally swoon-worthy. He's a very decent guy--his father's son--and always worrying about doing the honorable thing. Love him!

http://observer.com
5. Perrin Aybara of The Wheel of Time--A blacksmith (a.k.a. very buff guy) and also very decent. He can talk to wolves and walk the world of the dream. "Awesomesauce!!!"

http://wot.wikia.com
4. Egwene al'Vere of The Wheel of Time--She may have started out a somewhat snotty teenager, but she quickly develops into a determined, ambitious woman who knows what she wants and how to deal with people. No matter what happens, she always keeps her heart pure and her eye on the ball. So to speak.

http://wot.wikia.com
3. Arya Stark of A Song of Fire and Ice--Smart, adventurous, independent, and hilarious, she's my favorite character in this series to follow. The last book only had 2 chapters about her, which I thought was a crime so hopefully the next book picks up the story a bit.

http://lexicopia.blogspot.com
2. Nynaeve al'Meara of The Wheel of Time--I know I totally rave about her, but I can't help it. She's got so much personality, not all of it good, but she's got a good heart and is so brave and powerful! Love her!

http://encyclopedia-wot.org
1. al'Lan Mandragoran of The Wheel of Time--Uncrowned king of a country swallowed by the Shadow when he was an infant, he's pledged his life to fighting the minions of the Dark One and perhaps losing it to keep the Shadow at bay. Love this guy! He's so honorable and, you know, perfect. Totally want to marry him!

http://tumblr.com
How about you? Who are your top ten favorite characters in your favorite genre?

Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Last week's RMQ was "It's a rare and beautiful thing when enemies share an enemy." This was said by J.R. played by Larry Hagman on the re-vamp series of Dallas. Evil as always, J.R. Beth of YA Vixen guessed this one. Great job, Beth! 

Today's RMQ is:


"If I'm right about this, I could save a man's life. Do you know what that would do for my book sales?"
One point for film, one for actor, one for character. Any guesses? 

19 comments :

  1. have not read 'fire and ice' but #s 9 and 8 are characters I love as well:)
    mine is here: http://myrandrspace.blogspot.com/2013/02/yummy-tummy-tuesday-healthy-savory.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may or may not have had a crush on Aragorn for nearly my entire childhood and early adolescent and then the movie came out and made that even worse. Great pick!

    Here's my Tuesday meme post

    ~Danica Page@Taking it one Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list, I lovr Arya and Brienne as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I never thought to put Brienne on mine but I have to agree that I absolutely love her character.
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list!!!! I love Ned, Jon, Arya, and Brienne, too. Jon is my all time favorite from the books.
    And Reep-a-cheep!!! I love him!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesdays Post
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the Starks on your list! Jon and Arya and dear departed Ned! I'd almost forgotten about Brienne and I love her too! Excellent list. Most excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i only know the peeps from Game of Thrones (the tv series) and Aragorn, but I totally agree. I want to tell Jon "Just stand there and let me look at you." ~daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love Aragorn. I was so rooting for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I abore Jon Snow!!! Great choices. :) ~K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this list! I loved Eddard Stark before Sean Bean played him, but Sean just captured the character perfectly for me.,..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aragorn would top my list.
    The quote is familiar, but no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shockingly, I've not read a single book on your list! I must read more fantasy! You've inspired me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love so many of these Characters! Arya, Jon, Brienne, Aragorn and of course Reep A-Cheep!
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, I had to stop reading after Aragorn. Do you expect me to scroll past that FACE?! *pets screen*

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-10-tuesday-favorite-humorous.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have yet to read any of the books featured on your list, although they aren't unknown to me. A couple I hope to read in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I totally love that you picked Aragorn, Jon Snow, and Arya Stark. GREAT characters. ♥ Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reep-a-Cheep! Aww, what a great character! :-D I also did fantasy, nice to see so many other lists featuring fantasy characters too!

    Great list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I clearly need to read more fantasy! Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Annie @ Tar Heel Bibliobabe :)

    ReplyDelete