Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday--Favorite Romances + Tour Stops and RMQ

Today's blog tour stops include guest posts at both Racing to Read and Lost in Fictional Worlds. Hop on over and check them out! :D
Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week they will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Favorite Romances

I don't know if this was supposed to be favorite romance novels or just favorite romances within a novel, but I went with the latter because I don't read genre romance. :D Below are my sci-fi/fantasy picks. For my non-scifi/fantasy picks, visit my other blog, LKHill.

Disclaimer: Many of these are from books that are part of a series. There will be mild spoilers in this list as to who is going to get together in the series for Divergent, Harry Potter, Wheel of Time, A Song of Fire and Ice, Hunger Games, and Lord of the Rings. You've been warned!!!

P.S. I'm kind of a sucker or unconventional romance! :D


10. Tris and Four of Divergent--I recently read Divergent and very much enjoyed the romance in it!
Source
9. Remus Lupin and Tonks of Harry Potter--One of the saddest and sweetest love stories I've come across in recent years.
Source
8. Ron and Hermione of Harry Potter--Who doesn't love this one?
Source
7. Gimli and Galadriel of The Lord of the Rings--Okay, not a get-married-and-have-kids sort of romance, but much sweeter and more tangible than just about anything other relationship in the book.
Source
6. Eowyn and Faramir of The Lord of the Rings--I loved the way this one was done. It could possibly have felt like settling for sloppy seconds, but Tolkien handled it so delicately that it came off as heart-melting.
Source
5. Egwene and Gawyn of Wheel of Time--I was ticked off at first that Egwene didn't end up with...uh...someone else, but when this romance struck up, I was on board very quickly. So maybe Egwene and the other guy weren't so meant to be after all. :D
Source
4. Arya and Gendry of A Song of Fire and Ice--This one hasn't really happened yet. The fans are totally shipping for Ghendrya, though, and if Martin can move the story along in the 6th book, well, a make-out scene would be okay with me!
Source
3. Katniss and Peeta of Hunger Games--I know it was a triangle and that plenty of people were shipping for her and Gayle, but I just thought the bread-in-the-rain story beat all! How could you not love him for that!
Source
2. Richard and Kahlan of Sword of Truth--Totally die-hard, old-fashioned, awesome values romance! Couldn't get enough of this one while reading this series!
Source
1. Nynaeve and Lan of Wheel of Time--My all-time favorite forbidden-to-be-together romance ever! Totally in love with Lan and, Nynaeve's like my favorite female character ever so, yeah, was always totally delighted to read about these two. Unfortunately it was always a less-is-more thing with them, but that's exactly what made it so compelling! :D
Source

What are your favorite romances?

Random Movie Quote (RMQ)


Soruce
Last week's RMQ was: "Loosen your corset and have a drink." This was said by Haymitch (Woody Harrelson) in The Hunger Games.


This week's RMQ:


"It's a rare and beautiful things when enemies share an enemy."

Hint: This is a from a TV show that aired just this past week! One point for actor, one for character, one for show. Good luck! :D

16 comments :

  1. Sorry, don't know the quote this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Katniss & Peeta fan here! <3

    Thanks for stopping by, really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Tris and Four were on my list, too.
    I love your picks from Harry Potter =)
    And Arya and Gendry? OMG I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday Post
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Tris and Four together are plain awesome!
    Also, Peeta was so sweet to do that!
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT & I'm following back on this blog! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unconventional romances are my favorite too Liesel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Lupin and Tonks! It very nearly made my list. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never really thought about Lupin and Tonks, but they are definitely a sweet couple! I'd be tempted to say James Potter and Lily Potter too.

    I love your list even though I don't know some of them. But yay for science-fiction and fantasy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, not sure on your number 4! I suppose it's becasue I really want Arya to be like, THE Kick ass heroine of the novels and I kind of don't want her to be with ANY guy haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I forget Eowyn and Faramir? They should be on my list! Just like Tonks and Lupin. Their ending breaks my heart every time I read the book or watch the movie! Love your list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all the Lord of Rings and HP ones. Tris and Four made my Honorable Mentions list. I loved loved this list.

    Thanks for stopping by my post.

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm.. I really love your list... I'm not a fan of Peeta/Katniss though because it was pretty one sided, even afterwards, It's like she only did it cause she had to. I read the series so long ago though I could be wrong lol

    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, JR on Dallas ^^ and SEXY Josh Henderson [meowww]

      Delete
  12. Yes! Eowyn and Faramir! They're one of my favorite couples ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list :D love the Harry Potter pairs :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remus Lupin and Tonks were such a good pair, I was really sad.

    ReplyDelete