Sunday, February 10, 2013
Eye of the World Read-Along: Final Week + Blog Tour Stops
Today's Blog Tour Stop is a Review at Young Adult SciFi and Fantasy Blog. Hop over and say hi!
1. Oo la la, Nynaeve and Lan are finally confirming there is something going on between them, and of course Rand has to creepily eavesdrop.... What do you think of this brewing star-crossed love?
2. Wow, the Blight is a scary place, but what did you think was the creepiest critter/thing that the team encountered or fortunately didn't encounter?
5. Congratulations everyone, we finished! What did you think overall? If this was a re-read for you, how was the second time around? Are you planning to read book two (with or without us, no pressure, hehe)?
Eye of the World Read-Along: Final Week!
Hosted by Anya of On Starships and Dragonwings
Totally love it! This was one of things that I loved about this series from the very beginning. I totally love this relationship and how it's handled! I think the creepy eavesdrop is kind of funny. As I writer, I can see that it was a matter of Robert Jordan trying to keep the POV changes down in the first novel. It was all Rand until they split into groups after Shadar Logoth. Once they're all together again, we're back to only Rand's consciousness. So, he had to eavesdrop in order for us to know. ;D
I'm a member of the what-you-don't-see-is-scarier-than-what-you-do school, so I'll have to go with the Worms. We didn't really see them, but they were felling trees in the distance like the Smoke Monster on the Lost island. Even Lan was afraid of them. And what scares Lan, scares me. Just sayin'.
3. We got to meet the Green Man! We discussed last week what everyone thought he would look like, how did he measure up to your expectations? What did you think of his head scar?
Yeah I love the Green Man! I love that he's peace-loving but he still attacked the evil Forsaken! I love that he died fighting them, and that his final minutes protecting the Eye led to what happened at the end of this book. It's so epic!
4. The epic battle ended up being mostly in the dream realm apparently, what did you think of Rand's various battles?
I thought they were pretty cool. I loved that he could see the cords and thought to sever them. I really liked when he appeared on the battle field and burnt all the shadowspawn to a crisp. I remember being a bit confused the first time I read it, not sure where he was supposed to be. I wish he would have locked eyes with Agelmar on that battlefield, just so it was more obvious, but overall I loved all of it.
Loved it! Thought it ended perfectly with Rand's being conflicted and hugging Egwene. This is a second read through for me (maybe third. I can't remember for sure but I may have read the first two or three books more than once) and it was great the second time through. I recently read the final book in the series so it was fun to re-read the ground work that was laid in book 1. It gave me a greater appreciation for the awesomeness that was Robert Jordan. He could definitely tell an amazing story and created an astounding world! I'm totally reading Book 2 with ya! :D The Great Hunt! Can't wait!