Thursday, February 28, 2013

Follow Friday--Oops


Today's Blog Tour Stop is Review at Oops I Read a Book Again 


Follow Friday
Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the po.st that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 


Q: Confess your blogger sins! Is there anything as a newbie blogger that you've done, that as you gained more experience you were like -- oops?




Um, not too much, actually. I know when I started, I wasn't sourcing the photos I was using (oops) so I was lucky I never used any hot-button ones that got me into trouble. Beyond that, I'm sure I was naive in the way I was writing and talking to people, but that's about it. No massive regrets, thankfully. :D

17 comments :

  1. So true! I did the same thing!

    New follower via GFC
    my FF @ I Heart Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I didn't even think about that. I'm glad I haven't used any images yet. I know that I'm missing on a review policy. I'm really new to book blogging! Here via #FF and a new follower. Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use many images outside of book covers, but even those I fortunately remembered to download to my blog before using. I'm so glad that you escaped that mistake without any trouble!

    New GFC follower.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so easy though to forget about images and copyright. I use to do some graphic design on the side so I learned about royalty free images, etc.

    Jessica @ Literary, etc
    (old follower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no regrets myself. The picture thing though is always scary. I still don't know what's right at times!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you that you had no regrets! :)

    MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also used to use photos from the net but I actually use to write it's source, I hope that was good enough LOL

    My Feature & Follow Friday.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using images always freaks me out! I try to pick from sources that mention I can share it.
    I'm an old follower!
    Here's my Feature and Follow Friday Post
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier Liesel.

    Yes, the photo/image thing has me a little scared, actually. Now, I try to only use stuff I make myself, apart from book-covers :)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the same thing with images Liesel! It still freaks me out that I usually stick with just book-covers for the majority of my posts :D It's taken me a while to find my "voice" too. At the day job, I do a lot of reporting and it's a very dry, factual style of writing. That's not really me, but after doing it for so long, trying to set that aside for just work can be difficult.
    Happy Friday!!!
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally paranoid about the images now. I hope I'm not doing anything I'm not supposed to.

    New follower!

    My F&FF Feature & Follow Friday (#2)
    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used a few copyrighted images at the beginning, but have stopped that now. Old follower.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower- and that seems to be a popular one. Glad to meet you and I look forward to reading more posts from you.
    Happy Friday!

    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Understandable mistake..my husband showed me how otherwise I would have had no idea! Great response! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete