Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Teaser Tuesday, Top Ten Tuesday--Priority Books for 2013 + RMQ

Good Morning and Happy New Year! Looks like we all survived 2012! Yea!

Announcements:

  • My blog tour for Persistence of Vision will begin on January 14th and run through February. More on this next week but during the tour, I'll probably just be running general memes on my blog and putting links to the tour stops for each day, so watch for that.
  • The Persistence of Vision book trailer is now in production! Yea! I hope to be able to post it by the end of the month.
  • I'll be signing/selling books at the A Passionate Affair Valentine Boutique Gift Show in Kearns, Utah on February 9, 2013.
  • I will be doing a signing at Hastings in Ogden on February 22, 2013.
  • My Favorite Martian Blog Hop will be on January 14. Sign up here.

Teaser Tuesday:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teaser is from A Dance with Dragons, Book 4 of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice


Jon turned to Alys Karstark. "My lady. Are you ready?"
"Yes. Oh, yes."
"You're not scared?"
The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart. "Let him be scared of me." The snowflakes were melting on her cheeks, but her hair was wrapped in a swirl of lace that Satin had found somewhere, and the snow had begun to collect there, giving her a frosty crown. Her cheeks were flushed and red, and her eyes sparkled.
"Winter's lady." Jon squeezed her hand.

I've been reading this book forever! It's quite a tome at 959 pages, but I'm 2/3 of the way through and determined to finish it this week! Wish me luck! :D


Top Ten Tuesday:

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Today's question is: Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013.



goodreads.com

goodreads.com

source: plrebooksdownload.com


goodreads.com

source: facebook.com

source: theinsider.retailmenot.com

source: ficticiousmusings.com

goodreads.com

source: divergentfandom.net

So how about you? What are your Top Ten Priority Reads for 2013?


Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)


Don't know what this is? Click the tab at the top of the page.
imdb.com

Last Week's RMQ was: 

Guy 1: Hey, hey, hey. Calm down. Just calm down, big boy!
Guy 2: You calm down! This is MY house!
Guy 1: You're gonna tell me what I want to know or I'm gonna beat you to death in your own house.

This was a conversation between John McClane (played, of course, by Bruce Willis) and the Warlock (played by Kevin Smith ) in 2007's Live Free or Die Hard. Awesome film.

As an aside, the newest installment looks pretty good too. Take a peek below!

Today's RMQ:
Do you hear that? It's the sound of battles fought and lives lost. It once pained me to know that I am the cause of such despair, but now their cries give me strength. Beauty is my power. 

Three points possible: one for character, one for actor, one for film! Good luck, and check out the trailer for the newest Die Hard Film below! :D


16 comments :

  1. great teaser and post, i love the song of ice and fire books =)

    Check out my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already read Stormdancer and Divergent/Insurgent - loved all three!

    Several you have on your list could have easily been on mine as well - but I had to choose only 10, right?

    Thanks a lot for stopping by my TTT post earlier.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Divergent, and Insurgent is on mylist. Hope you start reading Divergent soon cause it's really great!

    Happy New Year and happy reading! :)

    TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Partials and Divergent are excellent. The rest I'm dying to read as well. Great list.

    Happy New Years and happy reading!

    Here are the books I resolve to read

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower:) I read and loved Seraphina. It was epic! Seriosly, it was so good I named my laptop after it :P Shadow and Bone was also awesome. I hope you get to read all these books! Happy New Year :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great List! I have Eve in my TBR list but not got hold of yet will need to look out for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I would love to read Shadow and Bone too! Insurgent is on my list as well! Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice tease!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Happy New Year!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! Shadow & Bone, Insurgent, The Daughter of Smoke & Bone and The Girl of Fire & Thorns are all also somewhere on my TBR. And, as you noted on my blog, I am in the middle of Seraphina and I'm loving it so far.

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a great list of books to read also! Thanks for following and happy new year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only one I've read is Divergent. All the others are on my wishlist. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Almost all of the books on your TTT list are ones I also want to read! I just don't know when I'll ever find the time.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the follow! I've followed you back via Linky.

    Merin @ Read and Reviewed :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have a lot of similar books to read! :) I loved Shadow and Bone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really looking forward to this year's reading adventures. It looks like you've got some great books there! I received a copy of 5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor as a gift recently and am looking forward to reading it. Seraphina is another one I'd really like to read. I hope you have a great year in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enclave, Partials, & Seraphina are high on my list! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yey, I heavily approve of this list! thanks for stopping by my TTT this week :D

    ReplyDelete