Sunday, January 13, 2013
Blog Tour Dates + Eye of the World Read Along, Week 4
Blog Tour--Day 1
Welcome to the Persistence of Vision Blog Tour! It begins today and goes through part of March.
There's only 1 official stop: head over to Never Ending Stories and check out my guest post: How to Fail at Achieving Your Dreams in 10 Easy Steps!
Also, if you missed it yesterday, check out Bookworm Brandee's Review.
Here's to a great book tour!
Eye of the World Read-Along Week 4
Hosted by Anya of On Starships and Dragonwings
1. Moraine and Lan were discussing how the Trollocs could be amassing such large numbers and other strange occurrences such as the Forsaken and possible opposition from the White Tower early in this section. What do you think about all of these revelations?
I think they make the story more interesting. Obviously there's more going on than the kids know about, and the stakes are much higher than they imagine. It makes me curious to learn more.
2. Turns out a side effect of using magic is taking foolish chances and acting giddy, sound like any boys we know? What do you think is happening to Rand? Mat?
Not going to hazard a "guess" but I will say it's obvious that something different is happening to Mat than to Rand. Rand is becoming more carefree, more reckless. Matt is becoming for introverted and sulky. Either it's something different or it's just having very opposite effects on them. Despite the fact that everyone (like Bayle Domon's crew) keep looking at Rand like he's crazy, Matt seems a little scarier to me.
3. Egwene and Perrin end up wandering very far afield, why do you think the land is so thoroughly abandoned? Not just of people, but also of animals, if we assume that Perrin isn't that horrible of a tracker ;-)?
Perhaps even the animals run from trollocs when they sense them. Or, given the revelation of Elyas and the wolves, perhaps the animals are running from them, or the small gave have already been picked clean by the wolves?
4. Elyas and his wolves! What do you think of this new type of magic and Perrin's new skills? How about what Elyas said about "Old things coming again" and the Aes Sedai not being happy about it?
I think it's awesome! Perrin's always so cautious and fearful but I would be so excited to be able to speak with wolves; to hear and see their thoughts. Awesome super power! It sounds to me like the "old things" may refer to abilities that haven't been seen in many generations. The Aes Sedai probably wouldn't like such things because they wouldn't understand them.
5. Rand had another dream, but we can't be sure if the other boys did or not.... In it there was mention of the Eye of the World serving him, what do you think the Eye of the World is? Any other ideas for what this dream meant?
It's hard to say this point because there's no description of what it is. A place? A person? A power? But if Ba'alzaman is so adamant that it can't and won't help Rand, that screams of insecurity to me. The Dark One is afraid of Rand finding this Eye of the World because perhaps it will be of help to him.
6. Domon told many tales about fantastic sights across the land, which was your favorite? :D
The Tower of Genghji. Hands down. It may seem nondescript now but it's the coolest thing EVER later on! :D
7. The Tinkers' had an interesting and scary tale to tell. What do you think about this new omen about the Dark One? Why do you think the Tinkers' thought Elyas would know more?
I think that tale was all kinds of creepy! It'd make me want to camp out in my bomb shelter with food storage and guns because something is definitely coming. I don't know why they thought he'd know more. Maybe because he's in the know about things. Maybe because of the wolves. Makes you wonder what else he knows and what he didn't want them telling Perrin, doesn't it?
We're moving on--to Caemlyn! It's about to get (even more!) exciting! :D