Monday, January 7, 2013

Best Dystopian Novels + Announcements

Announcements:


Musings on Fantasia
  • Persistence of Vision Blog Tour!!! The blog tour will kick off on January 13! (Check out my tour page above for details.) There's a badge and code in the sidebar for anyone who wants to grab it.  A couple of things about the tour: 
    a) I've had such a great response to my requests, that it's going to be a long tour. It will probably go close to eight weeks and even then I'm doubling up on a lot of dates. In short, two months from now everyone's going to be sick to death of hearing about my book. Isn't that great?Thank you SO MUCH to all my blogger buddies who've shown so much support and enthusiasm for my book! I can't thank you enough! 
    b) During the tour, as I've said before, I will probably only do announcements and a few memes on my blog. That's because I want you to check out the tour stops, and since I'll be writing most of the content for the stops, anything I do on my own blog will be double work (triple for days with two stops. :D)
  • For those of you who are local to Utah, I'll be at the A Passionate Affair Valentine Gift Show on February 9th, signing/selling books...and probably fudge too. If you're close, please stop by! I'd love to meet you in person!
  • I also have a signing in the Ogden, Utah Hastings Store on February 22. More details to come.

Best Dystopian Novels

bottom-of-the-glass.blogspot.com
So, as I've mentioned in my Resolution posts, I want to read more Dystopian novels. I write Dystopia, but I feel like I haven't read a lot of the important ones for someone who writes it. So, today I'm going to try and get a list of the greatest Dystopias. I haven't listed all the ones on my Goodreads Dystopian shelf, but this is a list of the ones I really want to read this year, and I'd love it if you guys would give me suggestions. I'd like to get a good list going so I have all the really important, awesome dystopian stories on my shelf.

Note: I have read the Hunger Games trilogy, so that will not be on the list. Just sayin.'
Also Note: Sorry I didn't link any of these. You can find them on Goodreads. Time crunch situation. :D

1. Divergent/Insurgent by Veronica Roth
2. The Razorland Series by Ann Aguirre
3. Eve Trilogy by Ann Carey
4. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
5. Defiance by C.J. Redwine
6. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry--I know, I know. I need to read it!
8. The Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld
9. Brood of Bones by A.E. Marling
10. Breathe by Sarah Crossan
11. Partials by Dan Wells

These are just the ones I've been meaning to read FOREVER!!! Anything else you think should be included in my list?


3 comments :

  1. Glad you are ready to kick off your tour! Checked and we are good for January 28 still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Uglies series. That's the only one I've read on your list...for shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you’ve read The Hunger Games, it’s time to read a little deeper into the dystopian genre. Here are ten greatest adult dystopian novels to get you started.

    ReplyDelete