Thursday, January 31, 2013

Follow Friday--Tasks in Favorite Books + Blog Tour Stops


Announcements:

1) Thanks to all those who participated in my Persistence of Vision launch party on Tuesday! It was a blast! Remember, you have until Monday, February 4th to buy the book. Send me your receipt or conirmation email and you'll be entered to win one of three $20 Amazon gift cards!

2) Thanks to all those who participated in the Persistence of Vision Goodreads Giveaway. The winners of an autographed copy are Tiffany Ban, Angela Rary, and Michele Freeman! Congrats! The books are on their way!

3) Today's Blog Tour Stop is a mini-interview at Read It. Reviewed it. Do me a favor and hop on over to admire Lani's blog. She's awesome!

Follow Friday Post

Increase Blog Followers, gain Book Blog Followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers — but you have to know — the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.
trans Feature & Follow #123
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools — keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them “hi” in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Q: What is the first thing you would do if you woke up to find yourself in your favorite book?


jeremysadler.net
Recently my favorite books have been The Song of Fire and Ice series, and I've made no secret of the fact that Arya is my favorite character. I love her because she's independent and really intelligent. She can out-smart just about everyone, even adults (she's only twelve) and people that are technically much smarter than her. I don't want to give too many spoilers, but let's just say the one thing she totally isn't getting is the feelings a certain armorer's apprentice might have for her. Sometimes I just want to smack her over the head so she gets it. If I suddenly found myself in that world--well, first I'd find myself a short sword and a decent horse. Then I'd go find Arya, give her a swift kick in the pants, and make sure she understood the whole Gendry situation. ;D

After that, I'd probably high-tail it to the Wall and see if Jon Snow would be interested in a make-out session. ;D

How about you? What would you do in your favorite book?

32 comments :

  1. Lol, great answer. I really really need to start reading that series already. Been putting off for sooo long.

    Old Follower :)

    - Nyx @ Unraveling Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha awesome...thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series. Sounds pretty interesting!

    New follower, hope you can stop by as well!

    www.themakeupmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon Snow = bamf hottie. I thought about Westoros, but figured it'd be too dangerous for a single woman like me to really enjoy myself. I love Arya too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looking at the pic I say NO WAY LOL thanks so much for the follow Old follower GFC and NW Blogs so I follow Linky too know! Thanks
    Krista@KristaReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love independent and intelligent characters. Throw in the need to kick them in the shins for something that is glaringly obvious to everyone else and you have a winner. Sounds like a great plan if you found yourself there ;) Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. old follower....Liesel, your answer is just priceless!! after hogwarts, I might want to visit Interchron! I loved your book!
    Happy reading and writing!
    bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with this book. Sounds like an interesting read.

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Old Follower.

    My FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one! Again, not familiar with this series, but sounds intriguing!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL for the makeout session :D I haven't read this series yet, but I've added it to my TBR.

    Old follower, here's my
    my FF post
    for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure if I've heard of this series but I probably have! Very funny answer!

    New follower via GFC :)

    My FF: http://queenofcontemporary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/feature-and-follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol great answer!

    New follower :)

    My FF -

    RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

    Just set up a new Twitter (so I can stop harassing non-booky friends), please follow!

    FairytaleRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those books and the show! Arya is among my favorites, too. Pretty badass for a 12 years old :D

    New follower.
    My F&F.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Need to start on this series. Nice answer. ;)

    Check out my Follow Friday.
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read the books or seen the series, but I've heard a lot of good things about!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I've followed you back :) And happy friday to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to start that series for a while now! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by this week. Old follower :)
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool picks!

    old follower
    https://twitter.com/itchingforbooks/status/297369327202615297

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME choice! I'm surprised more people haven't had the same one. I was torn between SoFAI and my pick. I couldn't agree more about Arya — a favorite who needed a kick about the whole Gendry situation. And of course, one has to make out with Jon Snow. *sigh*

    New follower via GFC
    Raina @ The LUV'NV (Thanks for stopping by earlier and following! ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never read the Ice or Fire series yet. I heard that it was quite violent, but maybe they are being too strict? Either way, new follower.:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haven't heard of this book before! Great answer though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for following Imagine a World! I totally agree. Arya is awesome and I would totally hang out with her if I could :)

    Follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Liesel, I love the Fire and Ice series and Arya is one of my fave's as well.

    Old follower. :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  24. She only twelve and super-smart. I like that.
    Old Follower!

    Thanks for stopping by My FF

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hmmm haven't heard much about that series. I'll have to check it out! :)

    Thanks for stopping by! Old follower. :)
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is definitely a good series. Arya is one brilliant girl.

    Old GFC Follower

    Thanks for stopping by at http://pinkyjustlisten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. New Follower! Thanks for following my blog! MindfulMundanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm only in Clash of Kings right now (up to date in the tv adaption though) and I ship Arya and Gendry so hard! Which makes me feel kind of weird cause she's 10/11 right now but I don't care!! They're my OTP and I'm hoping Martin with his notorious reputation doesn't kill one or both of them off :(

    Thanks for following us! I returned the favour :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Never heard of this series but it sounds amazing, since you have such a strong emotion towards Arya, will check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Forex Latest News, Forex Trading Tips, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    ReplyDelete