Monday, December 15, 2014

Writing Prompt: Dystopian Christmas

It's been a while since I've done a dystopian post, and I was trying to think if there was any way to combine the themes of dystopia and Christmas. I didn't come up with much, but I thought it would make a good writing prompt. 

How could you combine the themes of dystopian and Christmas?

I thought maybe you could do a story where your dystopia actually revolved around Christmas. Or the lack thereof. So maybe it could be a world where Christmas means something completely different than it does to us. Maybe people are expected to give gifts, but there was a steep human cost for the giving of these gifts. 

It would be interesting if the idea of Christmas actually struck fear into people's hearts. 

I don't know. Just hashing out ideas. 

Or, you could go this route:
















(Source, left pic. Source, right pic.)





That could be interesting as well.

What do you think? How would you write a story that combined the themes of Christmas and dystopia?

2 comments :