Thursday, December 18, 2014

Follow Friday: Genres for Emotions?

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


Source
Do you have a go to genre when you're happy, sad, or angry? - Suggested by Take Me Away...

I don't know that I necessarily go read a specific genre based on how I'm feeling, but I've been known to go to my favorite books or my favorite parts of my favorite books in such times. It just depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like something sad, so I'll go read a part that invokes that. Other times, I need to feel better, so I find something familiar that will help me with that. But I don't usually go to a certain genre. Just my faves. :D

How about you? Do you have a go-to genre based on how you're feeling?

22 comments :

  1. Congrats on being a Feature! :)

    Usually, my moods didn't really effect what I was reading but lately, it has been! I am kind of sick at the moment and so I'm trying to read James and The Giant Peach by Roald Dahl, Firstly, RD is funny, secondly, the book's so great and I LOVE IT! :) It's my first time reading it but when I'm sad or sick, I prefer to turn to Childrens books! :)

    Other times, I just read whatever's available to me! :)

    ~Fari @ The Heroine Tag @ My Little Corner For Books

    Follower via Bloglovin'! Follow back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea. I can totally see how children's books would make you feel better. I'll be sure I"m following you back. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  2. Conrats for being a deatured blog! I have just joined too so I decided to check you out! Have great holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra, and welcome to the blog hop! :D Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being featured!! I don't have a go to genre or specific books myself. I just go with whatever I'm reading. I have tons of books I love and haven't had time to reread in years, but always love finding a new book!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! New books are always exciting! :D Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I just read whatever, I don't have a go-to genre for my emotions. A good book will make me feel better, no matter what.
    I already follow via Bloglovin, now I follow via GFC, too. Happy Holidays!
    My #FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BlueKaren! I'm the same way. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  5. I think I tend to read more contemporary romance if I'm having a difficult time.
    Have a lovely Christmas :-)
    Old follower.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/feature-and-follow-friday-the-christmas-hop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. I don't read a whole lot of contemp romance anyway, but I"d like to read more. Maybe I should try it. :D Merry Christmas to you, too, Kirsty! :D

      Delete
  6. I re-read a lot of my favorites too.
    Old bloglovin' follower :)
    Lisa@Lisa's Library

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relating to a character that is feeling the same emotions -- that's deep. I should try that next time. My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great rest of the weekend! :D

      Delete
  8. I tend to lean on films more than books when I am feeling sad or gloomy; although, dystopia always does seem to satisfy my cravings :)

    My thoughts:
    Sparrow's F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard not to achieve catharsis through dystopian. As for films, it depends on my mood. Kind of changes from case to case. Thanks Claudia! :D

      Delete
  9. In every stage of my mood I read my favorite genre Romance.

    I'm old GFC follower and new Bloglovin' follower.My blog:

    Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvy! Yeah, always go with your faves. They're always familiar and comforting. Have a great rest of your weekend! :D

      Delete
  10. I always match my books with my mood. It doesn't help when I'm angry and trying to cheer myself up with a feel good book. I'm a new follower.

    Check out my FFat Stuffed Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, I guess that would be hard. You'd almost need a go-to scene that's all intense and angry in order to diffuse your emotions. I totally get not wanting to read feel good at that point. :D I'll check out your FF as well. Thanks so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  11. I'm more of a theme reader too. And my go to is contemporary romance because it can pretty easily cover everything from misplaced angst to sappy fluff ;-) Jessi The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I'm picky about contemporary, but there are some authors I really love. Thanks Jessi! :D

      Delete