Thursday, January 2, 2014

Follow Friday: Favorite Reads of 2013

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!


What Were Your Favorite Books of 2013?

No way I could choose just one, so I'm glad the question says book(s) or else I'd be in trouble.

Source
1) This year I participated in a Wheel of Time read along. This series is a re-read for me, but they're some of my favorite books in the world, so I had to mention them, even if they weren't new to me. I actually read the final book of the series, A Memory of Light, in January and it was freaking awesome! Even though it was back in January, it might be my favorite book I read this year!

2) I really enjoyed both Kendare Blake's and Bethany Griffin's duologies, as well as Lehua Parker's middle grade series (books 1 and 2). I mention this one often, mostly because I generally don't like middle grade at all, but am totally smitten with these.

Source
3) I also read lots of dystopian this year. (Shocking, I know.) My faves would have to be the two Veronicas (Roth and Rossi) though I have yet to read the concluding novel of either series, as well as Dan Wells' Partial series, which is seriously underrated and under read.

4) I also read some well-loved classics this year like Ender's Game, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. I also started The Mortal Instruments this year and am loving them. I have two more books to go before book 6 comes out later this year, and I can't wait!

5) I got some great fairy tale reads in, including Tera Lynn Child's Fin series, and Jackson Pearce's Fathomless. I really want to read more of Pearce's work.

Source
6) The most surprising favorite for me was Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. I'm really not partial to angel/demon stories, but I kind of couldn't get enough of this one. Dreams of Gods and Monsters might just be my most anticipated read for 2014. 

So, what were your favorite books of 2013?

10 comments :

  1. The Mortal Instruments was on my list too. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is on my 2014 reading list. I'm looking forward to that one.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now got the last two books in the TMI series so I need to finish those as well before the 6th book comes out. I have partials on my kindle from back whenit was on sale, and have yet to read it, but you're right I haven't heard alot about it. Daughter of smoke and bones is always one I see people raving about I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I loved Kendare's dulogy as well!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to make a list, although I didn't read as much last year as I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Friday - great list ans now i have some new books to throw on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list -- I really want to start the Partials series!!

    New follower via GFC. Thanks for stopping by my FFF

    I am also giving away any of my 2013 favorites here! Please enter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hearing a lot about the Wheel of Time series, and definitely want to try it out. Do you know if there is another read along this year?

    Also, I'm currently reading Lord of the Faeding Lands, and it is amazing!! Have you read that book or the series?

    Old Follower on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, nice choices :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/01/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorites to re-read. :)

    Thanks for stopping by. New follower via GFC.

    Emily @All in a Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also want to read The Mortal Instruments. Great choices.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete