Pages
- Home
- Welcome!
- Current Contest: Desolate Mantle
- Giveaways!
- Advice for Writers
- Visit My Website!
- Crime Fiction: The Botanist
- High Fantasy: Dragon Magic
- The Walking Dead!!!
- Thoughts For Thursday
- Signings and Events
- Contact and Links
- Dystopian: Interchron Series
- Historical Fiction: Kremlins Series
- Crime Fiction: Street Games Series
Sunday, September 1, 2013
The Fires of Heaven Read-Along, Week 4
Welcome to week 4 of The Fires of Heaven Read-Along. Remember that this section and everything leading up to it are fair game for spoilers so read at your own risk.
*I'm ridiculously busy this week and behind on everything, so my answers will probably be shorter than usual.*
1. The menagerie reads like a sitcom on wheels. What are your impressions? Will Cerandin play a role? Do you recognize someone else we haven't seen for a while?
| Source |
2. Moghedien recruits the rogue Black Ajah. Speculations on the orders they were given? Just how much danger are Nynaeve and Elayne in, now?
![]() |
| Source |
![]() |
| Not my favorite image of Morgase. Maybe this is supposed to be how Gaebril had her dressed up, but to me she looks like a Forsaken version of Elizabeth I of England. Thoughts? Source |
![]() |
| Rand al'Thor Source |
![]() |
| This just wins on SO many levels! Source |
It's got to come to a head at some point. The longer it takes, the bigger explosion they'll be. Guess we'll find out. :D
6. Our heroes turn back another attack out of nowhere seemingly doomed to fail. Moiraine says not to think the Forsaken simple, but I'm having a hard time not to. Thoughts?
I think yes and no about her advice. I think she's right in that the Forsaken can be intelligent and are likely to implement multi-tiered attacks and strategies. But, I totally know what you mean, too. They're not only human, but relatively closed-minded humans, which makes them actually quite predictable. It's one of those things: good, forward thinking people are original and creative in their own ways; they'll always surprise you. But evil people...they're pretty much all evil in exactly the same ways. So...why would you become a dark friend again?
Extras:
![]() |
| Source |
I also loved the cat fight between Nynaeve and Latelle. It would have been better if we could have actually seen it, but even so. Hysterical. Very classy, Nynaeve Sedai. Very classy. :D
Oh! And Egwene saw Brigitte. I love the parts of stories where someone has a secret, and then someone else finds out. It makes me rub my hands together and read faster.
How did everyone else like this section?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)






Ah, thank you for the pic of the jousting raptors. Now I must clean hot tea off the keyboard.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, that image of Morgase does look like an evil Forsaken British monarch. In these chapters I pictured her in something sleek, royal, and revealing, not poofed up and just showing a little cleavage.
I also liked Tallanvor and his secret oath to remain true to Morgase. It makes his frustration & anger towards her so much more understandable.
Yep - jousting raptors FTW! :D
DeleteYeah: I thought that as well, especially because everyone was present but deaf for most of the time. I love you point about Moghedien being side-tracked by her embarrassment - again, you are so right. I think the Forsakens' over-sized egos are the biggest assets for the side of Light at the moment.
ReplyDeleteI always imagine Morgase being rather simple in her dress because she has so much inner beauty and strength, so I agree that this is a strange image of her. At least we know that it is her own hair, unlike Elizabeth, who wore a wig.
I love the Rand/Aviendha image . . . it helps that I am a massive GoT fan! :D
The whole interaction between Moghedien and Nynaeve really points out how evil turns people into idiots. The Forsaken don't seem to be able to grasp the idea that together the light doesn't have much of a chance. They are too focused on personal gain and glory and spend ALL of their time bringing each other down to further their own purposes. When the do finally face the light they are unprepared for the humility and goodness and fail. I also loved the Latell/Nynaeve fist fights!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to comment on the Morgase image. I think someone accidentally used this image as Morgase. There is no way she has the puffy face with forehead eyebrows and too much lipstick. Also, the cleavage looks like it's part of the costume.
Delete