Monday, September 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Movies

Before I get to Top Ten Tuesday, I just wanted to share a few links:

The Dark Remnants tour is going swimmingly! Yesterday I received not one but two stellar reviews from fellow bloggers.

One from Reeka Boland at Bound by Words. The other from Rebecca Alora at Vicariously!

I'd love it if you guys would check them out by clicking on the links above and *ducks head* maybe tweet them or something?

 I also am doing a guest post over at Bookworm Brandee about my research/inspiration for Dark Remnants, so check that out too if you have the time. And of course, have a lovely Tuesday!

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Books I'd Love to See Turned into Films/TV Shows. 

(Sorry I'm copping out on links and pictures this week. I'm super busy and in a time crunch! I promise my list will be prettier next week! :D)

10. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran
9. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
8. Dracula by Bram Stoker--I really, really wanted to like the Copolla version, but...
7. The Passage by Justin Cronin
6. Enders Game by Orson Scott Card--er, wait...
5. Heart of Darkness--Apocalypse Now was based on it, but they changed the ending so I sort of hated it.
4. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens--there are some film versions of this, but I've never seen one I've really loved.
3. Partials by Dan Wells
2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Roth
1. Wheel of Time (of course!) by Robert Jordan--this one would definitely need to be a series! Probably even more sprawling than Game of Thrones!

16 comments :

  1. A Tale of Two Cities! Every time there's a discussion about what classics they should adapt next or whatever, this title definitely pops to mind. I don't think there's been an adaptation since...the 1950s? (correct me if I'm wrong but that was the last date I read online!) It would make a great movie or television miniseries =D

    Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there's an English, '80s version. It was okay, but Chris Sarandon--the guy that played Humperdink in The Princess Bride--was the hero, and I just couldn't take him seriously as Charles Darnay. Besides, it's old, now. An updated version is definitely needed. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Under the Never Sky would be such a wonderful film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Melody! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I think Under The Never Sky could potentially be an amazing movie! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Heretic Queen! i loved that book! also i never read the wheel of time series is it good? i love epic fantasy or sprawling fantasies

    http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2013/09/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love epic, sprawling fantasies, WoT is the series for you! You don't get more epic or sprawling than Robert Jordan's world. (I'm a little obsessed. :D) And I wish I had time to read more Michelle Moran. Her histfic is amazing!

      Delete
  5. I have yet to read all of these so I hope I like them as much as others did. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd just like to see someone do justice to a Preston and Child book, because The Relic was awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Relic shouldn't even count. They should have just started with The Cabinet of Curiosities.

      Delete
  7. Wheel of Time would be such and EPIC series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haaa, I love your comment on Ender's Game. Seriously EVERYTHING is being made into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great list. I'm really hoping the "Ender's Game" movie is good since the book is brilliant. Yeah Alex, Relic was garbage, but the directing was good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too would like to see Michelle Moran's books made into movies. They would be awesome historical movies.

    And of course, WoT would be great to see either as epic 3-4 hour long movies per book, or 10 1-hour long episodes per book series.

    ReplyDelete