Monday, September 3, 2012

Three Things to Consider This Labor Day! Plus RMQ!

Good Monday, everyone! Happy Labor Day! I'm sure everyone's bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today! :D

The first two things are just announcements. The third has to do with deeper thoughts! Consider this:

1) My cover.

Giselle of Xpresso Reads featured my book's cover on her FB page on Sunday. If you could take a minute to click the link and "like" her post, I'd really appreciate it! :D Going along with that, I'm currently setting up other cover reveals so you'll see my book's cover around a bit more. Keep an eye out for it!

Source: Fanpop.com
2) Dragons

My second announcement is probably more exciting for me than for you, but I finally started writing my high fantasy project. (Yea!) On Sunday morning I wrote the first chapter. It was exciting to finally begin writing it, especially as it was the first time I've written something new and original in about a month. I've been busy editing and moving to a new apartment, so my treasured writing time has kind of disappeared. It's so great to get back on track. And remember, this new story features dragons! :D

3) Memories

Okay, so let's briefly talk about memories. How important are memories in our lives? I think we can all agree: VERY!

Our memories define who we are...to ourselves. Other people define us by what their five senses tell them and by what they know of us, but without memories, how are we to know ourselves?

"Memories are intensely personal things...they're like rivers of identity that seep into the pores of your soul."
                                           --The Remembrancer, Persistence of Vision


But what if you lost a year of your memories? What if you found out that during that year you made friends, went on important missions, and fell in love...and now you remembered none of it? What if you could never reclaim those memories? What if the reason for the memory loss...was your fault?

Persistence of Vision, coming winter, 2012.

Happy Labor Day everyone! :D











Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Don't know what this is? Click here.

So the RMQ from Friday was:

"Did you see that? She stole that tie! It's a perfect crime. Girls don't wear ties!"
"Yes, if she murdered the tie it would be a perfect crime."

No one guessed this one. It's from an old movie starring Dudley Moore called Arthur. They recently did a (somewhat hokey, but still entertaining) remake with Russell Brand. The first line was said by Dudley Moore, as Arthur, a rich, lovable playboy millionaire. The second was said by the wonderful John Gilgud, as Hobson, his butler. :D

My parents quoted this line ALL THE TIME when I was a kid. I could quote the line long before I ever saw the movie!

Now for today's RMQ: (slightly easier)

"Where HAVE you been? Bed's empty...no note...car gone. You could have died! You could have been seen!"

Who said it? One point for film (be specific!), one for character, one for actor...Go!



6 comments :

  1. Awesome that you're revealing your cover Liesel. Congrats! And awesome you're starting a high fantasy project. I love high fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guessed Arthur last week!! Did it eat my comment??
    And I believe that one is from the first Harry Potter movie. Or second. Chamber of Secrets I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know, Alex, but if you guessed it I'll give you the point anyway. No one else got it! :D And you're right! It's Chamber of Secrets! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. Ron's mother, Molly Weasley said it.. Julie Walters is her name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good! Two points for you! I'm keeping a spreadsheet and I'll try and post it soon and update it with each RMQ! Thanks so much for stopping by and guessing! :D

      Delete