Monday, September 24, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday--Unfinished Series
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
What are the top ten series you haven't finished for any reason?
|Photo Credit: Amazon.com|
1) Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin. I love this series so much, but the next book won't be out for three years (*sobs pitfully*) so I'm not in a hurry to finish the 5th book. Other things that I DO need to finish keep coming up. Consequently, I haven't finished.
2) Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Okay, this one's not my fault. I haven't finished because the final book keeps getting pushed back. (I'm not at all bitter, though.) It should be out Jan 2013 and I will probably be dead to the world until I get through it. No showers, no food...I'm really serious.
|Photo Credit: fanpop.com|
3) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Okay, this isn't a series by itself; it's a prequel. But, I figure it's part of the LOTR series, right? I've read the trilogy, but for some reason, I never finished the hobbit. When I was in junior high, I checked it out and read most of it. I got through everything except for the very end where they fight Smog. I had to give the book back to the library at that point, and for some reason (I have no idea what it is!) I never checked it out and finished it. So, I know the whole story...except for the final few chapters. Pathetic, I know. Looks like they're making the film into a trilogy, so I've two years, right? :D
4) Possession series by Elana Johnson. This one is just due to procrastination and being too busy. I really liked the first book, but my TBR list is a billion miles long and I haven't gotten to the second one yet.
|Photo Credit: |
5) Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I'm pretty sure there's a sequel to this, but I'm still reading the first one so, obviously, I haven't read the second. (Stretching, I know, but I can't think of any more!)
6) My Fair Assassin series by Robin LeFevers. I read the first one, Grave Mercy, and LOVED it, but the second one isn't out yet. I'll definitely be reading it when it is, though. :D
Okay, that's all I can think of. I'm sure there's a few other books I've read that will be series but only the first one is out so far.