Thursday, August 30, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday--Best Covers


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 

Hop over to Alison Can Read for the feature!


Q: Best cover? What is the best cover of a book that you've read and loved?

I'm going to have to do a Wheel of Time plug here. A month before I began my sophmore year of high school, I went into Media Play (now defunct) and saw a huge display that had this book on it: *slide eyes to right*

The title is A Path of Daggers.

For some reason, I went back to that same store two or three times in two weeks. Each time, I picked up the book and just thought it looked awesome. I love high fantasy. Anything with kings, queens, armies, knights, swords...you get the picture. The only problem was that this was Book 8! Finally, two weeks before starting school, I bought book one. The rest is history: my love affair with Robert Jordan's world of The Wheel of Time had begun. When the final book comes out in January--sadly--it will end. So that's my best cover story for fantasy. 

Hop over to my other blog to see what it is for historical fiction! :D

Don't know what this is? Click here.

Again, I don't usually do these on Fridays, but I've been kind of remiss this week so I'm doing one today. Yesterday's RMQ was:  "What's he do? Nibble your bum?"

Alex Cavanaugh guessed the film. It was Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Good job, Alex! No one guessed the actor or character, but that's okay. One point for Alex. 






Now onto today's RMQ:


"Did you see that [name]? She stole that tie! It's the perfect crime--girls don't well ties!" "Yes, if she murdered the tie it would be a perfect crime."

So five points possible for this one: the character and actor for the first line, the character and actor for the second line, and the film.

Any guesses?

44 comments :

  1. The image next to your random movie quote doesn't load for me.

    New follower. :D
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the image! Not sure why it won't. It's just a movie poster for the Monty Python movie. Thanks for following, though. :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by mine!
    New Follower

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by I would love to return the favor and follow you back but you don't have linky followers. Self hosted sites like mine GFC doesn't work anymore. Sign up its free and blogs that are self hosted can follow you back. Here's the link. http://www.linkyfollowers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip! I'll see what I can do this weekend and let you know! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Followed you back. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following back! :D

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :) New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't read that series, but I have got the first one, Eye of the world, so I haven't paid much attention to the covers.

    Old Follower.
    my FF =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good! You should try it out some time. Thanks for stopping by Sabina! :D

      Delete
  7. Hey LK! Is it worth reading? I loved Sanderson's Mistborn if that's any help. Would you recommend me?

    Old Follower. Happy Friday! <3
    My FF
    XOXO Kim the Insomniac Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would DEFINITELY recommend it. Anyone who loves fantasy would totally get into it. It's kind of the ultimate fantasy. My favorite series! Try it out sometime! Thanks for stopping by! I liked your picks too! :D

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, following back. I love fantasy but I'm not familiar with this series, will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good. Thanks for following back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  9. Love the book cover too - excellent choice.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I scored!
    And that line is from Arthur, said by Dudley Moore.
    Excellent cover choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good! You're officially my high scorer! :D Thanks Alex! :D

      Delete
  11. Hello. Great choice.

    New follower.

    Have a great weekend.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. just blogging by, interesting cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't read this book, but the cover looks really cool.
    following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great cover! I'd love to read The Wheel of Time series one of these days.

    Old follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  15. I haven't read this book but I love the cover! Thanks for stopping by my FF, I followed you back :)

    Kaitlyn@Books and Bandanas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog, following back :]

    Kaitlin @ Read. Write. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following back! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  17. Can I tell you that the only reason I *didn't* pick a wheel of time book for this is that I couldn't decide which one? I was too torn up about it and just went with something else. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice: start with book 1 and just plow through! You wont' regret it! :D

      Delete
  18. I need to read this series! I have heard so much about it and just haven't started it. Maybe I'll get on that someday soon. Old follower. P.S. Love the Monty Python quote!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you totally should! It's great! Thanks Jennifer! :D

      Delete
  19. I haven't got to this series yet. But I better be. I'm hearing good things about them.

    Lisa @ When She Reads
    http://when-she-reads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty awesome! Thanks for visiting. I followed your blog too! (Way cute, btw!) :D Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I followed you back! :D

      Delete
  21. New GFC follower!

    I'd love for you to check out my FF at Between the Bind.

    xo,
    Jenna Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I'll do that! Thanks for stopping by Jenna Lynne! :D

      Delete
  22. New Follower from FF. Here's my link

    http://pagegirlspage.blogspot.com/

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never read this book before.
    New follower.

    Thanks for stopping by.


    Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete