Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--Fall Reading List


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Books On Your Fall TBR List


For my Fall TBR list, I'm going to focus on several books that I think would be fun Halloween reads. In other words, they focus on vampires, zombies, ghosts, etc.  Here they are!





















What are your Top Ten Fall Reads?


Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Don't know what this is? Click here.

So yesterday's RMQ was this: "Where HAVE you been! Beds empty...no note...car gone! You could have DIED. You could have been seen!"

This was of course said in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by Mrs. Weasley, played by Julie Walters. :D

Congratulations to Alex Cavanaugh for guessing it! He is officially my high scorer and the one to beat! Great job, Alex!




Now for today's RMQ:

"Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence."

As usual, one point for the film, one point for the actress, one point for the character. Any guesses?

22 comments :

  1. I'm currently reading Dearly, Departed and I love it! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm so glad! And so excited! :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh This Is Not a Test was good! :) BTW, join me and Lost in a Great Book to read Anna in September!! We're doing a readalong (details here!) i'm really looking forward to it :)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, maybe I'll join the read-along. I really shouldn't--have three other books I'm trying to finish--but I've been looking for an excuse to start it! :D Thanks for giving me one! :D

      Delete
  3. Lord of the Rings! Fellowship? Said by Arwen? Yes, being vague today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vague, but correct! Good work! Thanks for stopping by, Alex! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm really excited for Beautiful Lies. It looks so great!

    Also? This Is Not A Test is utterly wonderful and impossible to put down.

    Hope you get to read all of these :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that about This is Not a Test! Thanks for stopping by April! :D

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my TTT! You have so many books on your list I want to read too, especially Anna Dressed in Blood, Dearly Departed and the Immortal Rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for stopping by mine as well! :D

      Delete
  6. This is Not a Test was so good! The same for Anna Dressed In Blood! I want to read The Immortal Rules and The Unquiet as well. Gotta make time for that. I haven't heard of some of the others, but they look amazing! Great picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Courtney! I think I'm going to do a real along and read Anna Dressed in Blood this month. So excited! :D

      Delete
  7. Ahh, I hope you love Dearly, Departed and The Immortal Rules when you start them because I absolutely adored them <3 And I also can't wait for Beautiful Lies because I loved Jessica Warman's other book Between x) Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So excited to read them all! Thanks Kim! :D

      Delete
  8. Dearly Departed sounds like something I would read it! Anna Dressed in Blood has such an intriguing and dark cover :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Anna's cover is what drew me to the book in the first place! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  9. Love the LotR quotes, Liesel! Of course, I have more fun quoting Gimli, "Nobody tosses a dwarf!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I love Gimli too! Totally miss him! I always loved the way Arwen talked, though. I totally went up and said this to my Dad and he looked at me like I was nuts! :D Good times! Thanks for visiting Jeff!

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of most of these but some of them sound so good. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  11. I haven't read Immortal Rules, Anna Dressed in Blood, or Dearly Departed either! I will get to them someday!! Great list and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer! :D

      Delete