Thursday, September 6, 2012

Follow Friday--Current Reads


Hi Everyone! Quick announcement before I get to my FF post! Booklover's Hideaway is doing a Cover Reveal post for me today. Click on the link and hop on over if you have a minute! Thanks! Now on to the blog hop:


Welcome to Follow Friday!

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 


Q: What are you reading right now? How do you like it?


source: en.widipedia.org
I'm reading Book 5 of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Fire and Ice series. I freakin' LOVE this series, so of course I'm enjoying the book! It's just taking me a long time to get through it because 1) I'm very busy and 2) it's a big thick book that I don't like to cart around anywhere, so I only get to read it at home, and I don't get much reading time there. But oh well. There are rumors that Book 6 will be out sometimes next year so I don't mind dragging things out a bit. :D

I also just started Anna Dressed in Blood. SO excited to get going on this one, though as of right now, I've only read one chapter. :D

What about you? What are you reading?

Random Movie Quotes (RMQ)

Don't know what this is? Click here.

So Tuesday's RMQ was:

source: fanpop.com
"Whether by your will or not, there is no ship now that can bear me hence."

This was said by Arwen in The Return of the King, played by Liv Tyler. I actually had two people guess this pretty concurrently--one on facebook and one on the blog page so I'm giving points to both. Jeff Garrett and Alex Cavanaugh both get points for this one! Great job, guys!

I always loved the way they talked in LOTR. After watching it, I found myself wanting to speak like them. I once said this very line to my dad and he gave me a "what are you smoking" sort of look, so I never said it again. It was fun the one time, though. :D

For this week's RMQ:

"Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must shout as you did in Rome, 'Do your worst. For I shall do mine.' And then the fates shall know you as we know you, as [character name] the Man."

Okay, actually five points possible here. Five because while this is from a great film, that film is an adaptation of a great book. So, one point for character, one point for actor, one point for film, one point for book title, one point for author. Hint: Film title and book title are the same, so if you get one, you got both! :D Any guesses?


55 comments :

  1. (Old follower passing through)

    I adore that cover! ( and G R R Martin )

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved both of those books! I really, really hope that the wait for Book 6 of ASOIAF will be a lot shorter than the one for A Dance with Dragons.

    Old follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. :) I have Anna Dressed In Blood sitting here and waiting to be read. I've heard great things about it. :) Scary + interesting male POV = win. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I've only read the first chapter but already loving it! :D

      Delete
  4. I have been dying to read Fire and Ice series but I'm like 500th in the request line at my library for the first book... :/

    I've heard so many good things about Anna Dressed in Blood! But I still haven't picked it up, purely because I've heard it's really scary haha.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty good. You can get a paperback of the book 1 for pretty cheap if you don't want to wait. I hope Anna is scary! I'm so excited for some good Halloween reads! :D

      Delete
  5. Thanks for checking me out returning the follow glad to see it worked out with linkyfolower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following me back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  6. Hey there! I'm a new follower.

    http://bookaholic-ness.blogspot.com/2012/09/follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Followed you back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  8. Anna Dressed In Blood is awesome and so is Girl of Nightmares.Love Cas!

    I'm a new follower :)
    here's our Follow Friday
    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad! Can't wait to read more. Followed you back. Thanks for visiting! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed Anna Dressed In Blood and I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series. I haven't read any of the A Song of Fire and Ice series. I want to but just keep starting other books first!

    Old Follower.
    My Feature & Follow =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Anna! Martin's series is definitely worth the read! Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  10. Followed! I've heard about that book before! Sounds really awesome!

    http://simple-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Followed you back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  11. I'm waiting for my copy of Anna dressed in blood to arrive. It's been ages and I can't shake off the feeling of excitement. Maybe by next week I can get a hand on it :)
    Enjoy reading Anna dressed in Blood!
    Old Follower :)
    Che out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can too! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  12. Awesome that you're reading George Martin's series. It's too long for me with all the books I need to read for my blog. I just finished The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton, a great book 2 in her series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is pretty long, but I kinda can't stop reading it! Thanks for stopping by Natalie! Have a fantastic weekend! :D

      Delete
  13. I love your blog, truly-- skimming the page alone, I immediately see a ton of posts I want to check out! Definitely new follower!

    I read a Dance with Dragons a few months ago and really loved it-- I would devour pretty much anything GRRM wrote about Dany, Jon, Tyrion, or any of the others at this point. Glad you're enjoying it so much. Unfortunately, I don't think Winds of Winter (book 6) is slated to come out next year, but in 2015 (saw it on goodreads). This author is determined to kill us with all this waiting five years in between books! Haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood, but I find the cover really striking.

    Have a great weekend.

    Kat @ A Myriad of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Kat! I always love finding fellow GRRM obsessees! :D If you saw the date I'm goodreads, I'm sure you're right (grrrh!). 2013 was just a rumor I saw, and even that was six months ago. Haven't checked up on it since. Thanks for the info and for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  14. Ooh, how exciting about the cover reveal :) I'll check it out.

    I'm about to start A Feast For Crows, but like you it's taking me a long time because of the length and just other commitments in general. Between preparing for back to uni and review copy reads, my 'just for fun' books keep getting pushed down the list of priorities :(

    New Linky follower :)

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I hear ya! School always makes it harder too. I'm not even in school anymore, but between work and other commitments, yeah I hear ya! You've got time, though, before the next one comes out, so no need to hurry! :D Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  15. I've heard a lot about Anna dressed in Blood but I don't think I would like it. I'm happy you're enjoying your books! New follower :)
    My FF: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll do the same! :D

      Delete
  16. Anna is supposed to be really good, so that one is high on my to be read pile. And I also can't wait to read the Fire and Ice series. So many books, so little time huh..

    Visit my FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! I feel that way all the time as my TBR pile grows but my reading time doesn't! :D Thanks for visiting! :D

      Delete
  17. I also love Game of Thrones :)
    Hope u enjoy it as much as the others.

    Thnks for the follow -follwing u back via GFC
    Ruty
    Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  18. I love Anna! It's one of my favourite reads last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to hear it! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  19. Count of Monte Cristo! That's all I got though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good! Two points for you (book and film title). :D I'm going to try and get something up this weekend that keeps track of points so you can see what you're at. Keep an eye out for it! Thanks Alex!

      Delete
  20. I need to read the Song of Fire and Ice series! I love the TV show! I have Anna Dressed in Blood, but haven't gotten to read it yet. Hope you enjoy it! Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. They sound like exciting reads, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE the random movie quote idea! How fun!

    New follower. Find me at www.bibliographyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! RMQs are still relatively new so I haven't had much participation yet. I'm hoping that will change with time. Thanks for following, too! I'll do the same! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  23. Hi, I found you via Follow and Feature, and have followed you on GFC and Twitter. If my blog interests you, I'd love it if you could do the same: http://rinnreads.blogspot.com.
    I REALLY hope book 6 of ASoIaF comes out next year, I really can't wait much longer xD
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for following! I'll do the same. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  24. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cannot WAIT to read that series! It's waiting patiently on my shelf for me...:)

    *new follower*

    I'd love for you to check out my WoW @ Between the Bind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'll check yours out for sure! Have an awesome weekend! :D

      Delete
  26. Hi just hopping by the FF and became a follower
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. New follower here!

    I just started book 5 too of Martin's series... I had read all of them years ago... and then waited and waited and waited for this last book... so I've held off reading it, for fear that I've got another 8 year wait coming -_-

    I do love them though!!
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-me-friday.html

    ReplyDelete