Monday, August 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--Favorite Books--and RMQ


Here's Top Ten Tuesday! RMQ is below!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog 

To be honest, I don't get a lot of time for reading these days so I only read two or three books a month and I've only been blogging since May, so I've only read eight books in that time. Oh well. Here they are:

8) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (Still reading this but started it about the time I started blogging and hope to finish in the next month or so.)
7) Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (Same thing applies for this as for AK. This book is awesome, but LONG.)
6) In Praise of Motherhood by Phil Jourdan
5) Possession by Elana Johnson
4) Sleepwalkers by Paul Grossman (just finished this one)
3) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (technically still reading because participating in read-along)
2) A Dance with Dragons (Fabulous Series)
1) Grave Mercy (Totally awesome!)

What can I say? Fantasy just tends to win out with me. :D What are your top ten books?

Random Movie Quotes

Don't know what this is? Click here.

So I totally forgot to add RMQs to my blogs the last part of last week. This is really the first one. :D (Yea!) Today's RMQ is from a very old children's movie:

"They look like good strong hands, don't they? I always thought that's what they were. The little man with his racing snail, the night hog, even the stupid bat. I couldn't hold on to them. The Nothing took them right out of my hands..."

What do you think? Any guesses? Three possible points here. One for the film, one for the character, one for the actor who played him (actually just his voice) though I'd be very impressed if anyone knew the name of the actor off the top of their head. It's just very obscure. Good luck! 

14 comments :

  1. Oh I just bough the Possession a couple of weeks ago. And my sister loved Les Miserables I should give it a try! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah both of those are great! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. I wanted to read Les Miserables, but then I found out that it was so long and I kind of got scared! Seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been reading it most of the year on my kindle app--1% at a time! :D

      Delete
  3. Nicee! I really enjoyed Possession as well! Pushing the limits was great too! and my sister LOVES Grave Mercy! I should really read that soon!
    - Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Grave Mercy is AWESOME! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog's giveaway. I am following you- logged in to GFC. I think maybe the reason I'm not showing up is that people with no profile pictures show up last on the list. So even though I'm pretty sure I followed you last Friday or Saturday during the FF blog hop, I'm probably showing up towards the end of the list. I did update my profile pic, but for whatever reason, it's not updating on any sites where I followed when I had no picture. If that makes any sense. I was pretty sure I did follow because I remember the Fantasia part- one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. Thanks! One of my childhood faves too! :D

      Delete
  5. OH MY WORD. You quoted The Neverending Story and it's the Rockbiter and...I have no idea who the actor who voiced him is, although I would recognize him if I heard him! One of my absolute favorite childhood movies.

    Pushing the Limits is on my TTT too! And I ♥ Les Miserables, although I read it years ago, before I started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my faves too! You're right about the first two! I'll post answers tomorrow. Thanks so much for stopping by and guessing! Way to go! :D

      Delete
  6. Neverending story! I know the author of the book, Michael Ende, and it's a great one! The actor's voice I can't place, dangit. I keep thinking the actor who does the voice for the dragon in the Brit TV show Merlin. I wonder if it's the same! I'll check back manana. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if he's the actor from Merlin (not familiar with that one) but I'll tell you his name tomorrow and you can compare. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to read Pushing the Limits! I've heard such fabulous things about it. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for stopping by mine as well! Pushing the Limits is really awesome! :D

      Delete