Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--Romance for the Real World


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. 
Each week they post a new Top Ten list  that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

TOP TEN BOOK ROMANCES THAT YOU THINK WOULD MAKE IT IN THE REAL WORLD (OUTSIDE THE BOOK).

Okay, so most of these will come (naturally) from Fantasy books I've read:

10. Bella and Edward (Twilight) -- I know, I know, I'll get some flack for this, but it's an obvious choice and at least I put it in the last spot, right?
9. Katniss and Peeta (Hunger Games) -- 'Nough said, right?
8. Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter)
7. Harry and Ginny (Harry Potter) -- Come on, you gotta include both these couples, right?
6. Ismae and Duval (Grave Mercy) -- LOVED them!
5. Echo Emersen and Noah Hutchins (Pushing the Limits) -- Okay, this one's contemporary, but it's what I'm currently reading, so I have it on the brain.
4. Richard Rahl and Kaylan Amnell (Sword of Truth) -- One of best high fantasy romances EVER!
3. Arya Stark and Ghendry Snow/Baratheon (Song of Fire and Ice) -- Okay so they haven't actually hooked up yet (details, details) but I really hope that's where Martin is going because this is my absolute favorite story line!
2. Egwene al'Vere and Gawyn Trakkand (Wheel of Time) -- Totally awesome!
1. Nynaeve al'Meara and al'Lan Mandragoran (Wheel of Time) -- Like my favorite couple of ALL TIME! As in, you should really read the book just for these two characters!

So there it is: my top ten romances that would make it in the real world because they're JUST that awesome! What are yours?

Keep reading for PART TWO:

Okay so I'm going to start something new on my blogs: (drum roll, please!) 

RANDOM MOVIE QUOTES!!!


Let me explain. No, is too much. Let me sum up. (*wink, wink*)

My entire family LOVES both TV and the movies. We all have Random-Movie-Quote-Terets. As in, we blurt out movie/tv show lines in random conversation. This is totally normal at my house. Others who witness is are all kinds of stupefied. And it's not always obvious quotes, mind you. Some of them are ridiculously obscure. Of course, WE all know what we're talking about, but no one else does.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to end my blog posts with a random movie quote. All my readers get to guess where it came from. You get 1 point for being the first to guess which movie the line is from; 2 points if you can identify the character and/or actor that said it. (I.e. If one person gets the movie but not the character or actor, someone else can pick up the second point for that, but not for the name of the film once it's been guessed.)

Keep track of your points! I'll endeavor to do the same, but I can't promise anything on my busier weeks. I haven't worked out all the prizes yet, but it will be something like 25 points = a bookmark. 100 points= ...um, something cooler. 250 points=free book, etc. Once I have all the prizes worked out, I'll post them!

Anyway, so be on the lookout starting tomorrow for Random Movie Quotes! Have fun! :D

16 comments :

  1. I'm currently reading Pushing the Limits as well! I love it so much! Noah and Echo are amazing!

    Love your Random Movie Qoutes! I'm not sure if I'm that good at it, but I'll give it a try :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Helene! I liked your TTs too! :D

      Delete
  2. GENDRY AND ARYA!!! A MILLION TIMES YES! Oh Lord I hope they end up together, I'm basically reading just for this. XD Ok I ship Jon and Dany as well (Ice and Fire, anyone?) but Gendrya HAS GOT TO HAPPEN. ("I have a son, you have a daughter..." ya know :D)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for commenting! I'm the same way! I've never found anyone who feels as strongly as I do about Arya and Gendry. Gendrya--I love it! :D I'm all about Jon and Danny, too though. :D Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll check out your TTTs too! :D

      Delete
  3. Ron and Hermione!! Yay! They would be so cute in real life. :) Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bite my lip and refrain from giving you any Twilight flak. Lets just say I don't see Edward and Bella surviving REAL horrors -- an overdue mortgage, a broken car when there's no money to fix it, a colicky crying infant who's kept them up non-stop for three day straight, etc. ;^)

    But I do LOVE "The Princess Bride!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, I see your Twi-point! :D Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. Noah and Echo are one of my new favorite couples! And I've seen Katniss and Peeta a lot today, but I don't know... I never really liked them together. Okay, I take that back. I LOVED THEM, but I can't see them making it.. But great list! :D

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I liked your picks too! :D

      Delete
  6. Awesome list! I definitely agree with your choice of Katniss & Peeta. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  7. Ismae and Duval! YES! Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete