Thursday, August 2, 2012

Friday Follow--Mood


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 



Q: Do your reading habits change based on your mood? Do you read a certain genre if you are feeling depressed or happy?


Not really. What I read can affect my mood, but unless I don't like a particular book and don't "feel" like reading it, I usually just keep reading whatever I'm currently reading. The only circumstance I might say this does apply in is with scary books. When I'm alone...at night...with strange noises all around, I'm definitely not feeling the horror genre, but other than that...
Happy Friday everyone! :D


                      (My answer's the same on both blogs today! Just FYI! :D)



20 comments :

  1. Hopping through. I don't think I've ever read a book that made me scared at night. A few movies, but not books. Maybe I haven't read enough scary books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Good for you! It means you don't get the heebie-geebies at night! I don't actually get them very often, but when I do, I tend to have violent dreams. Yuck! :D Happy Friday, Alison! Here's to another successful hop! :D

      Delete
  2. A nice answer! I'd definitely avoid anything scary if I was home alone as well ;)

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/feature-follow-friday-3rd-april.html

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You do the same! Thanks for hopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. Definitely wouldn't read anything scary at night or alone LOL.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm caught up in a suspense/mystery/horror book I won't put it down, even at night. It gives me the heebie jeebies every single time. LOL. I should stop doing that. New follower! :) http://www.awesomesaucebookclub.com/2012/08/ff.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm that way, too. Glutton for punishment! :D Thanks for stopping by. I followed you back!

      Delete
  5. Interesting question and answer. Sometimes if I'm really tired I can't get into a more dense book and might book it down to read later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's true of me, too. I tend to read more than one book at once and when I'm tired, I definitely gravitate toward the easier read. Thanks for stopping by, Natalie! :D

      Delete
  6. I know the feeling. Some horror books turn you into a scardy cat.
    New follower.
    Follow back?
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. A horror book before bedtime isn't a good idea.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I would love to read a horror book when it's dark outside and am alone at home. And I usually do that! I know, a bit weird! :)

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, not getting freaked out! :D I freak myself out, but if I'm really into a book, I do it anyway! :D Glutton for punishment! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  9. I'm always in the mood for something. lol.

    new follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-83.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  10. Yeah I don't think I could read a horror novel alone at night...gives me the shivers. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a new GFC follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/follow-friday-36-and-tgif-24.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting mine as well! Have a nice weekend! :D

      Delete