Thursday, August 23, 2012

Follow Friday--Horrible Covers


Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs! 

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you! 

Go to Alison Can Read for the Featured Blogger!


Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you've read and loved?


Okay, even though I love, love, LOVE the story, the original Song of Fire and Ice covers (below) aren't my favorite. They're simply too generic. This series has kings, queens, kingdoms, knights, tournaments, battles, romance, death, incest, dragons, monsters, and so much more! There are so many awesome characters and great story lines and epic conflicts but the covers feature...a chalice, a crown, or a sword against a solid background? Really?

Love the story, not so much the covers. Would still highly recommend the books, though! :D

How about you?

40 comments :

  1. Now that they're with HBO, I'm sure there'll be an update.

    new GFC follower
    Talk Supe F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think you're probably right. Thanks for stopping by! I'll check out your blog too! :D

      Delete
  2. I agree, these covers aren't the best, but I kind of like the simplicity of them. :) New follower!

    My FF

    Mary @ Books Equal Brains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure there are worse ones! Thanks for following! I'll do the same! :D

      Delete
  3. Great answer! I'm kicking myself for not thinking about those books, the covers are so blah but the series is beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks for stopping by Crystal! :D

      Delete
  4. Those covers are rather plain.

    New follower.

    My FF =)

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'll do the same! :D

      Delete
  5. The covers look a bit too generic. New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks for following. I'll follow back! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  6. Yeah, too simple and generic.. Probably the reason I've put off reading the series.. oops :) *new follower*

    Here's my FF @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should read them. Despite the covers, they're awesome! :D Thanks for following. I'll do the same! :D

      Delete
  7. Haha it's true those covers are a bit meh. I couldn't even finish book 1 though but I love the show. Weird, huh!? >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah his writing style is actually a bit difficult to get into. I always tell people that when they ask about the books. I think the main reason I stuck with it was because I'd already seen season 1 of the show, so I knew what was going on. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  8. Those are plain covers.
    I've seen some science fiction covers with really bad computer art. Those are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I've seen those too. They're pretty bad! :D Thanks Alex! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read these books, though I love the TV show, but I agree that those covers aren't impressive. Something as epic as Song of Fire and Ice needs killer covers! Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are sort of... plain, I guess. LOL. But they're so famous now they don't really need to have much for covers. :) thanks for stopping by. I'm an old follower on both your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you're right about that! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  11. The covers are little plain. Thanks for stopping by! Old follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  12. For a series so popular, the covers are REALLY plain!

    I followed back - here's My FF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't love them, but I certainly don't hate them. I would pick them up in the store :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/feature-follow-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I liked your picks too!

      Delete
  14. A Song of Ice and Fire is one of my favorite series ever, and I agree with you about the covers needing something more exciting to convey all of the action that's going on in the books. My paperback copy of A Game of Thrones is probably my favorite because it's the tie-in version for the TV series with Sean Bean as Ned Stark on the cover.

    New GFC follower. Our FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean. I liked Sean Bean before (i.e. LOTR and some of his other works) but I didn't LOVE him until he played Ned. So...yeah I <3 that cover too! Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  15. New follower. I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://nightmarchersseries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do that! Thanks for stopping by mine! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  16. Hi there!

    Thanks for the follow. I'm following you back!

    Grant Morris on Writing, etc.

    Have a wonderful Friday :)

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yea those covers are pretty heinous. Following you back. Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem. Right back at ya! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  18. I agree.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-824.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read these books, but you're right -- the covers don't do much to inspire me to pick it up.

    Returning your follow!

    ReplyDelete