Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pushing the Limits Read-Along Week 5

I finally finished Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. It was amazing! Here are my questions/answers for this, the final week of the read-along! I'll put a formal review on Goodreads and Amazon over the next few days so keep an eye out for them! :D

1. By finally returning to her art, Echo is working through her issues and taking control of her life. While she’s not ever going to return to her previous “normal”, she uses her art as a way to work her way to a place where she’s more comfortable with herself. How do you deal with the issues and stresses of your life?


A: Writing is definitely cathartic to me. I always feel more emotionally stable when I've spent some time with my characters, hashing out their problems and dealing with their emotions. :D

2. Once Noah gives his brothers and their soon-to-be adoptive parents a happy ending, he decides to get his own by winning Echo back. Why does he think stealing her file is the best way to do it? Any other (better) suggestions for the poor boy?


A: Um...just go talk to her. I know he wanted some major good will gesture, but talking to her, explaining how the situation has changed and telling her that he wants/loves her would probably be more than enough.


3. Echo finally uncovers the terrible truth of what her mother did to her. Now that we know the truth, do you think Echo’s father did the right thing by covering up the incident and keeping it from her? How do you think he should have handled it?


A: I think Echo's father did what he thought was best. Even if he didn't reveal the entire, awful truth, perhaps he could have just told her some of it--that there was an incident and she got hurt and what his part in it was. Even without the gory details, perhaps she would have been able to deal with it better if she thought her father was being honest about it. 


4. Mrs. Collins plays an integral role in helping Echo and Noah find a new normal and happiness in their lives. Tell us about someone in your life who helped you, someone who changed your life, was there for you, or offered help/comfort when you most needed it (or when you didn’t know you needed it).


A: I'm very close with my sisters and they are always there for me when I needed them. They are my closest friends and companions. There have been countless times when they've helped me through things.


5. Another major truth is revealed when Echo’s father finally opens up to his daughter and tells her about her mother and how his relationship with Ashley evolved. Knowing this, how do you feel about Ashley now? And what did you think when you learned the name of the baby?


A: I always thought Ashley was getting an "evil step mother" rap from Echo that she perhaps didn't entirely deserve but it's only to be expected from a child whose parents split up. After learning the truth, I like her a lot more than I did before and I think the baby's name is sweet and tasteful and a good way to bring the family closer together.


6. Echo and Noah ride off into the sunset together. *happy sigh* If you had the chance, who would you ride off with and where would you go?


A: Hmmm...since I'm still single I think I'd have to chose a hunk from one of my favorite fantasy novels. Not sure which one, thought. I'll have to give this some serious thought...:D

What did YOU think of the book? 

No comments :

Post a Comment