Monday, February 16, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Problems

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Book-Related Problems I Have


10. Being able to forgive the faults of fictional characters much more easily than those of real people in my life. --Yup. Totally. Not proud of it, but there it is.
9. Being super annoyed when the back of a book has no blurb, but only has recommendations from other authors and critics. --Especially with extended series, I can't wait to read the blurb for the next installment, so it's annoying when they give me nothing! 
8. Finding the perfect reading position--finally--then realizing you have to get up and pee. --Happens at least a couple of times a week. :/
7. Buying a book with an amazing premise but then DNF-ing it because the blurb made it sound so much better than it actually was. -- Doesn't happen often, but but it has happened.
6. Being irritated with an author who doesn't resolve a plot or sub-plot to my satisfaction. --Ditto #7. 
5. Having a TBR pile that's 700 books long, 200 of which you own either in print or on your kindle, and never knowing what book to read next. --Yeah, see my goodreads profile if you need proof.
4. Wanting to talk to someone about how your latest read affected your feels, but no one else in your life has read it or cares to. --I always try to get my sister to read my favorite books, not for her benefit but for mine.
3. Trying to justify reasons to write off the 200+ books you bought from Amazon last year on your taxes. Yeah. Me. Totally.
2. Getting chewed out by my family for predicting what will happen in films and TV shows and being right. (Because reading books helps me see how a story is being structured and correctly predict the outcome.) --I've learned to keep my mouth shut when watching TV with the family.
1. Being torn between doing what I know I should do (my own writing and editing) or just crashing on the couch with my current read. --Every day of my freakin' life!

What book-related problems do YOU have?

9 comments :

  1. I can totally relate to these problems, Liesel. I'm always encouraging my sister to read my favourite books so I can discuss them with her! Luckily she's a bookworm too. Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi! Nice to know I"m not the only one that does that, LOL.

      Delete
  2. Number eight is hilarious!
    You know, now that you mention it, I'm annoyed when there is no blurb, just a bunch of reviews. Those don't tell me anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, gotta love that #8. And I agree about the blurbs. The whole point of dust jackets/back covers is for the blurb. Why go out of your way to tell the reader nothing? Doesn't really help sell the book.

      Delete
  3. Nice list of book related problems!! I can understand many of them. Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think we'll see and understand a lot of the same problems since we're all bookish people here. :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I definitely agree with you with number one! There's always something that I *should* be doing, but I just choose to read instead because it's what I want to actually do. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Glad I'm not the only one that has that problem. Thanks Krystianna! :D

      Delete
  5. I think reading definitely helps with recognizing storylines in other mediums. And sometimes you just think you can do a better job of telling the story than the writers if we're being completely honest.

    ReplyDelete