Thursday, February 26, 2015

Follow Friday: Books on Fire + Friday Funnies

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Your house is burning down and you have time to select three books you own to take with you. What three books? - Suggested by Alison Can Read. 


Okay, this is kind of a tricky question and I'm going to be super-nerdy about it. First of all, no matter how much I love my books, I don't think they are what I'd think about if my house was on fire. I'm first dive for my 4-year-old niece and sisters (whom I live with). But, assuming everyone is safe and that I can get to three books without risking any lives...

Yeah it's still a tricky question. The obvious answer is to save my ipad because it has hundreds of books on it, and I can always download and read my faves there, even if the print versions get burnt up.

Beyond that, because I'm religious, I'd probably save my scriptures. I've had the same set since I was eight years old and they have literally hundreds of annotations that couldn't be recovered. 

After that, I don't know. I have some collectible classics. They're still replaceable, but more expensive than most of the other hard or paperbacks I have. So, I guess those would be my considerations. In that order. :D

How about you? What books would you save?



Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

Just some random things that made me laugh this week. Enjoy! :D



(Yeah, definitely NOT!)






(The comments are what make this so hilarious!)





(I think all writers can relate to this on some level.)





(Probably only funny to TWD fans and--as with all TWD memes--extremely insensitive, but I spit out my water when I saw it, so had to include it.)



Hope some of these gave you a laugh. Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend!

25 comments :

  1. Lol! I love your answer Liesel! I'm glad you would save your family before books! Haha! Definitely the right thing to do! Good idea with the iPad, too! (:


    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, family first! :) It's impossible to choose three. Haha! But good thing there are Kindle and iPad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family first is a must. I didn't even think of my iPad! Great answer Liesel. :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even consider that my family/pets, etc. did not already get out...that's how I was able to answer the question. I-pad answer is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Midnyte! Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  5. Yes, family definitely comes first! And after that, glad things like iPad and kindle exist! :D Happy Friday!

    Old follower :)

    Here's my FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice answer! I was under the impression that people and pets were all already safe and that I do have time to rescue 3 books. Though, since I have a good escape window, I'd break it open and start tossing all the books in my room out the window! Gently, of course! ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Great idea! Have an escape plan for the books. Have a great weekend, Jessica! :D

      Delete
  7. The house is on fire not really gonna think about books :)
    I'm grabbing my tablet, my photo books and the signed books. I don't really have a favorite book I can't live without.

    My FF

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I'm the same way. Especially with the digital age in full swing, it's always easy to replace. Thanks Teresa! :D

      Delete
  8. The Bible of course, but I actually don't own many physical books these days, so if I got out with my phone I'd be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thank goodness for ereaders, eh? Thanks Maurice! :D

      Delete
  9. Yeah, if my house was on fire, I wouldn’t be thinking about books. But, if I had the chance, I’d grab my Kindle.

    I’m now following you on Bloglovin’.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice, AJ. Have a great weekend. (Let's hope no fires. :D)

      Delete
  10. I see lots of people grabbing tablets (after the kids of course!) ;)

    And that JDM/ Robert Downey pic is one of my favourites.

    Regular follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure the electronic devices would be everyone's pick this week. Thanks Kate! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  11. Aww, what a sweet and heroic answer. You win! lol
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thanks. I enjoy winning. Have a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  12. I'd at least take my Kindles. And there's no question that I'd take my Bible.
    Old follower.
    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-3-3-books-youd.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday! :D

      Delete