Monday, February 23, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Heroines + Teasers

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Source
This week's teasers come from Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. I was supposed to read this last week, but couldn't get around to it. Excited to read it now, though! :D

"...The two armies stood facing each other, tense and alert, each biting their promise between their teeth. 
Or their lie. 
Akiva realized he'd been expecting this success, because he was unsurprised by it. He was pleased--or a greater word for pleased. Moved. Grateful, to the full reach of his soul. The detente held. 
Until it didn't." (pg. 114)

What are you reading this week?


Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top 10 Favorite Book Heroines from Books, TV or Movies 

This is gonna be hard. Not because I can't think of any, but because there are too many awesome ladies out there. How to confine it to ten?



10. Michonne, Carol Peletier and Beth Green of The Walking Dead - I had to give a shout out to the heroines of my favorite TV show. Keep in mind I love these characters in the show, not the comics. (I'm sure they're awesome in the comics too, but I've never read them and I know there are major differences.)





9. Kaylee Kavanaugh of Soul Screamers - I loved this series! Had to love Kaylee! :D


Source



8. Tris Prior of Divergent - Though like many others, I was a bit underwhelmed with how the trilogy ended, I still loved the journey and I loved Tris!


Source




7. Hermione Granger of Harry Potter - Yeah, I know we'll see tons of Hermione and Katniss today, but for good reason. They both gotta make my list. 


Source




6. Katniss Everdeen of The Hunger Games - Ditto #7.





Source


5. Daenarys Targaryen of A Song of Ice and Fire - Repressed and abused, she still became strong. When she lost everything, she fought back, raised an army, and decided to take back her kingdom. Love her!

Source


4. Arya Stark of A Song of Ice and Fire - Ever adventurous and brave to a fault, you just can't help but always turn the page to see where her heart will take her.


Source



3. Aviendha of Wheel of Time - She embodies every good quality of a strong woman. Warrior, courageous, kind, honorable, nurturing (sort of) and, you know, total badass. :D





Source


2. Egwene al'Vere of Wheel of Time - Down to earth, smart, a leader. The way her story line ends always makes me cry, but I just love her!



Source




1. Nynaeve al'Meara of Wheel of Time - Perhaps my favorite heroine of all time, I'll always love her character and her story arc.





Who are your favorite heroines?

9 comments :

  1. Wait...that was the teaser? "..."
    The suspense!!!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! My blogger has been having issues lately. Think I need to do a virus sweep on my computer. Anyway, I fixed it. I think! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Lol
      I really thought that was the teaser and you just wanted us to get all piqued up about it.

      I've read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and loved it. I can begin to imagine how great the rest of the books are, so you're teaser was perfect!

      Delete
  2. OOoh nice! Yay for Kaylee, Tris and Hermione!! Love those girls too!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty great! Thanks Jessica! :D

      Delete
  3. Tris and Hermione and Katniss made mine too, but like you said, there was no way I couldn't include them, even if they would be a popular one!!

    My TTT

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list, but I have to say Tris Prior is really weak in the movie. I can only assume it's the actor, so I'll have to go back to the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I read the books, but I'm sure she was stronger in the books. That's generally the case with YA books that are made into films. I don't even think it's so much the actor as the way they write it for the film. They tend to like to dumb things down for some reason. Anyway, good point. Thanks Maurice! :D

      Delete