Thursday, February 12, 2015

Follow Friday: FF Hashtag

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Do you use the # FF on twitter on Fridays? If you do, are you afraid you’ll forget someone and they’ll be sad? - Suggested by Unconventional Book Views

I guess this is confession day for me. I never do this. I always mean to, of course, but I've always got 700 things to do on Fridays (pretty much every day, actually) and so I never get to do as much promotion/commenting/etc as I'd like. 

Maybe that should be a goal for me: to use #FF more often. :D Here's hoping!


**Before you leave, check out Friday Funnies, below!





Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.





Okay, while I never hated Bela of Twilight the way so many others do, I do see people's point when they argue that she's not a strong character, at least not in a feminist way. I never had a problem with the Twilight series, enjoyed reading it, but maybe got a little sick of the hype after a while.

When my sister and I discussed this argument--whether or not Bela is a strong character--she would always get frustrated with me, saying that she didn't understand why Bela isn't strong. She knew what she wanted (the vampire) and went after it. I would tell her that she was right about that, but I had a hard time explaining the she's-not-a-strong-character thing in a way she would understand. Then I found this meme. 

This is the best way I've ever seen strong female characters explained, and I laugh every time I read it. **Sorry for the curse words in the Daenarys bit. You've been warned.**




Do you use #FF on Fridays? What do you think of this heroine mash-up meme?


13 comments :

  1. Hahahahaha!! Love the Bella Swan pic!

    I'm like you, I never use the #FF hashtag. I kind of don't even understand the question. Missing someone on Twitter after using the hashtag? What? Haha! I just tried to post my response in the most intelligent way I could based off my limited Twitter experience. (:

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention I'm an old follower, but I added you on Goodreads. (:

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I hear ya. It's just a way of mentioning people on Twitter, but it doesn't directly spread content in my opinion, so although I love all my followers, I find it to be somewhat a waste of time. Glad you liked the pic. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I don't use the # either! I follow too many people and I really don't want to leave anyone out! And OMG I loved that Friday funny!! It was SO funny!!! lol!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the other one that doesn't use the #. And glad you liked the pic. It's one of my faves. :D Thanks Jessica! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  3. I use Twitter mostly to promote my blog posts, so I don't use the #FF feature.
    New GFC & BlogLovin follower.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do the same. Thanks Stina! Happy Friday! :D

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of the #FF tag on Twitter, and not real sure even what it is LOL Still new to all this blogging stuff.

    My FF

    Followed you via Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a way to mention other users on Twitter, which is doing them a service, as they get noticed in other feeds more and then gain more followers. For me, though, It doesn't further content, so I find it something of a waste of time. I love all my followers, but I rarely use this particular method to show it. :D Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the weekend!

      Delete
  5. Following you via GFC, it's a nice blog. Here's my FF
    http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/02/feature-follow-friday-1-using-hashtag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll check out yours too. Hope you had a great weekend! :D

      Delete
  6. It really isn't that essential to be honest, especially since twitter updated to add it's own recommendations of who to follow. So don't worry, you're not missing anything. ;)

    Regular follower xx

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but thanks for the reassurance, Kate. Glad to know I'm not the only one that kind of ignores it.:D Hope you had a great weekend! :D

      Delete