Thursday, February 19, 2015

Follow Friday + Friday Funnies

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, (using the linky tools -- keep scrolling!) then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!



Do you like fantasy or realistic books? - Suggested by The Realm of Books

I'm definitely a fantasy girl. High fantasy and medieval are my favorites by far, though I also read lots of dystopian, paranormal, sci-fi, etc. I also, of course, like historical fiction, but because that takes place in a different time period than ours, it has its own kind of fantastical element. 
















(Fantasy worlds, my favorite!)

I really like Katie McGarry books, but she's pretty much the only contemporary author I get excited about, and therefore the only one I really read, unless I get tons of excellent recommendations. 

I'm mostly a Wheel of Time/Harry Potter/Game of Thrones/Robert Heinlein kind of reader. The more strange creatures, magic, secret societies, alternate histories and, you know, castles, the better. :D






Welcome to Friday Funnies! Because everyone needs a good laugh on Friday.

I know it was last weekend, but here are some funny valentines (with plenty of pop culture references) for your viewing pleasure. :D
















Which Valentine was your favorite? Did you get a funny one this year you'd like to share?

2 comments :

  1. Nice! I like the fantasy reads as well! Though I said I like it with blends of realism. Basically to make it a Urban Fantasy read. Had we said contemporary instead of realistic, my answer would've been straight up fantasy!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read as much urban, but I always think I ought to read more. :D Thanks Jessica! Happy Friday!

      Delete