Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday: Education

Thoughts for Thursday is a new feature hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!

In honor of all the back-to-schooling going around, this week's theme is Education(For more quotes, check out my other blog.)


I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.--Mark Twain

Education, then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer of the conditions of man.--Horace Mann

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.--Edward Everett

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.--Abraham Lincoln

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.--Robert Frost

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.--Augustine Hippo

Which quote is your favorite? Do you have one to add?

2 comments :

  1. Excellent. Long time reader but my first comment. I like this one: "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't."
    Anatole France

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Twain's is the most accurate.

    ReplyDelete