Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: City of Bones

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Today's teasers come from City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. (Yup, I'm finally reading it! :D)
Source
Jace was seated at the grand piano, his slender hands moving rapidly over the keys. He was barefoot, dresssed in jeans and gray T-shirt, his tawny hair ruffled up around his head as if he'd just woken up. Watching the quick, sure movements of his hands across the keys, Clary remembered how it had felt to be lifted up by those hands, his arms holding her up and the stars hurtling down around her head like a rain of silver tinsel... 
Piano keys jangled as he got to his feet. "Our own sleeping beauty. Who finally kissed you awake?" 
"Nobody. I woke up on my own." (Pg. 62)

I'm reading more than one book this week, so be sure to check out my other blog for more teasers!

What are YOU reading this week?

4 comments :

  1. Great teaser- I started this series but haven't finished it yet.
    ~Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you preparing yourself for the movie? ;)
    Hope you enjoy it! I loved the first three instalments but the fourth book was such a disappointment for me that ruined everything :( (sigh)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh.... I have really enjoyed this series!! Hope you like it. Looking forward to the movie!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should post this one. I was just considering re-reading City of Bones before I see the movie.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete