Sunday, August 18, 2013
The Fires of Heaven, Week 2
Welcome to week 2 of the Fires of Heaven Read-Along. This week we read chapters 4-9. Remember that everything in this section as well as anything that came before are fair game for spoilers, so read at your own risk!
1. The Wise Ones want Aviendha to sleep in Rand's chambers. Do you see this leading to any kind of change in her and Rand's relationship? If so, what?
2. Our buddies the Darkhounds make an appearance in Rhuidean. Lanfear claims they were sent by Rahvin and reveals to Rand that the Forsaken is Morgase's manipulative lover. Do you think she's being truthful?
3. Moiraine cautions Rand about balefire and promises not to try and manipulate him. What do you think of balefire? Is it worth its consequences? Should Rand use it to take out the Forsaken? What do you think of Moiraine's promises? Will they work out the way she hopes?
|SUCH a great depiction of this scene!|
4. Rand's making lots of changes--his new arrangement with Moiraine, sending for Ogier to help rebuild Rhuidean, making the fountains flow again in the city. What do you think of all these changes?
5. Egwene is "rummaging" around in lots of people's dreams and finding disturbing things there. Do you think this is a good idea? Would you do it, in her position? Do you think it could backfire, and if so, how?
6. Moiraine muses on Lan and Nynaeve's relationship. She says she's already "taken care" of certain things. What do you think she means by that? On the other side of the world, Nynaeve and Elayne are drugged by Mistress Macura. What do you think this woman's intentions are?
7. Fun bonus! Now that Rand, according to Lan, is practically a blademaster in his own right, he moves quite naturally through the sword forms. There are whole online communities dedicated to these sword forms that love to come up with new, interesting, often comical ones. (i.e. cat and bird in a nap sack, sparrow blinks uncertainly, cheetah runs and trips, etc. You get the drift.) Come up with one or two sword forms you'd love to see Rand perform! Just 'cause.
Maiden giggles at white knight, and
Zombie devours victim.
Those should look pretty graceful. :D
Couladin's making a move which means Rand is making a move. Looks like we might get some more battle action before long. At least, we can hope, right?
I really love the idea of Rand waiting to face the darkhounds atop the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai. That was a cool image.
And the whole Mat-getting-slobbered-on thing was interesting too. Such great scenes!
Finally, I found this picture this week. It's SO funny! See if you can identify all the characters. I laughed for like ten minutes.
How did everyone else like this section?
P.S. I'm being featured in a giveaway on Heidi Cullinin's blog today, giving away a copy of my book. The links are below if you're interested!
Rafflecopter Giveaway Heidi's Facebook Page